drank L'Automne by Fauchon

Super Sil sent this beautiful red tea my way.

Sigh, I really wanted to love it…I though, hey maybe the French people do it best, here’s my chance to actually like a red rooibos!

First, the smell gave me the utmost favourable anticipation. This smells like freshly squeezed orange peel, pure citrus essential oil. I’m thinking the tannin and medicine taste will be tamed by this wonderful aroma. The fact that it’s supposed to be cream and orange will work for sure.

Bla, bla, bla, keep trying to convince yourself, foolish fairy. Really, who was I kidding? I have a red rooibos detector, I just can’t stand it. I can appreciate the complexity of this blend, for me, it would have worked its magic if the base had been green rooibos instead.

Kamyria, you know what I mean, right?

We were just wondering earlier today how little green rooibos blends there are out there…too bad, I can totally dig green rooibos, but sorry, can’t handle the red stuff.

Sil, I am grateful I got the opportunity to try it. I thank you, just the smell of it made me happy :-)

(Not gonna rate, wouln’t be fair)

haha sorry it didn’t work out for you. Make some potpourri out of what’s left? haha it DOES smell AMAAAZING

TheTeaFairy

Don’t be sorry, I kept smelling the pouch thinking, can I bathe in this?? lol!

I love the aroma of this one…

Dexter

(MissB taught me that if you steep low temp approx 85C for short times 3-4 minutes – you don’t get as much of the woody/medicinal rooibos tastes – not promising you’ll love it or there won’t be any, but it cuts that flavr way back…)

TheTeaFairy

Thanks for the tip Dexter, will sure give it a shot with what I have left :-)

ashmanra

Ooo, I will try those parameters and see if I like rooibos a little better. I have a nice new one that was given to me and I haven’t tried it yet.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Don’t be sorry, I kept smelling the pouch thinking, can I bathe in this?? lol!

I love the aroma of this one…

Dexter

TheTeaFairy

Thanks for the tip Dexter, will sure give it a shot with what I have left :-)

ashmanra

Time to update this profile of mine…it’s 2015!!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect :-/

My relationship with tea in a nutshell:

I’m married to straight Black. I have torrid love affairs with Oolong and Puerh. I party with Green and White occasionally. Flavored are not my BFF, I usually stay away from them.

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others.

About me:

I am a free spirit, I let people be who they are and expect the same in return.

Books! I love classic literature, but also modern and pretty much anything that captures my attention.

Music is also something I can’t live without… From Bach to Nirvana, my ears know no boundaries…

Animal and nature lover, amateur photographer.

I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember.

Not a big «swapper», but will occasionally. Not because I don’t want to share but because I’m trying not to hoard so much.

Also, I have narrowed down the teas I really like over the years, and I don’t feel the need to try and buy everything the way I used to. (Maybe I have become a tea snob? Sigh…)

My ratings: because I pretty much drink only teas that I judge exceptional, my ratings are usually high. Don’t be shocked to see lots of 90’s and a few 100’s. That’s because I’ve had my share of crapy teas and I’m done with that ;-)

You can find me on Instagram here, I post about my tea sessions mostly, but also about the beautiful nature that surrounds me, and my fury companions :-)

The Laurentians, Canada