drank L'Automne by Fauchon

Super Sil sent this beautiful red tea my way.

Sigh, I really wanted to love it…I though, hey maybe the French people do it best, here’s my chance to actually like a red rooibos!

First, the smell gave me the utmost favourable anticipation. This smells like freshly squeezed orange peel, pure citrus essential oil. I’m thinking the tannin and medicine taste will be tamed by this wonderful aroma. The fact that it’s supposed to be cream and orange will work for sure.

Bla, bla, bla, keep trying to convince yourself, foolish fairy. Really, who was I kidding? I have a red rooibos detector, I just can’t stand it. I can appreciate the complexity of this blend, for me, it would have worked its magic if the base had been green rooibos instead.

Kamyria, you know what I mean, right?

We were just wondering earlier today how little green rooibos blends there are out there…too bad, I can totally dig green rooibos, but sorry, can’t handle the red stuff.

Sil, I am grateful I got the opportunity to try it. I thank you, just the smell of it made me happy :-)

(Not gonna rate, wouln’t be fair)

haha sorry it didn’t work out for you. Make some potpourri out of what’s left? haha it DOES smell AMAAAZING

TheTeaFairy

Don’t be sorry, I kept smelling the pouch thinking, can I bathe in this?? lol!

I love the aroma of this one…

Dexter

(MissB taught me that if you steep low temp approx 85C for short times 3-4 minutes – you don’t get as much of the woody/medicinal rooibos tastes – not promising you’ll love it or there won’t be any, but it cuts that flavr way back…)

TheTeaFairy

Thanks for the tip Dexter, will sure give it a shot with what I have left :-)

ashmanra

Ooo, I will try those parameters and see if I like rooibos a little better. I have a nice new one that was given to me and I haven’t tried it yet.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Don’t be sorry, I kept smelling the pouch thinking, can I bathe in this?? lol!

I love the aroma of this one…

Dexter

TheTeaFairy

Thanks for the tip Dexter, will sure give it a shot with what I have left :-)

ashmanra

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada