The idea of this tea is appealing to me. And the composition is very clever. Mint and licorice. I’m a fan of both. Dexter3657 is definitely not, so she was happy to send me the rest of it in its original pouch, lol.

So I get the concept, locorice for the anise flavours found in Absinthe, mint for its fresh and green colour. There’s a whole science surrounding the original mystic powers of Absinthe (also referred to as “The Green Fairy”). It was even banned at one point in history. But we don’t live in the 1800’s anymore, so I wont digress.

So yes, the idea is fun. The problem: white tea.

I think white tea might have been chosen in order to stay true to the concept and keep the liquor on the greenish side? Other base would have made it too dark I’m assuming. And I don’t think green tea would have worked taste wise.

The thing is, if white tea is being used, it can only go two ways:
a) completely mute its delicate taste with stronger flavours.
b) try to keep the added flavours to a minimum in order to preserve it.

B is the answer for this blend. All the components are there to make it a very interesting, but it falls flat. If you choose Absinthe as a star, go BIG, this is not the time to play subtle. I can barely taste the licorice in there. But its not bad tasting, it’s just a refreshing generic white flavoured tea.

But I’m glad I got to try it, there’s absolutely nothing I hate in this, I just find it a little boring and my expectations were high due to its name. Thank you so much for the opportunity Dexter3657 :-)

Ze_Teamaker

It’s funny when you think about how Absinthe was banned. Especially since it was no more hallucinogenic than alcohol. I still want to try some one of these days.

TheTeaFairy

Ze_Teamaker, I know! It was referred to as the elixir of creativity, many artists were “using” in Europe. But in reality, they were just a bunch of drunks, lol.
But I’ve always loved the mysterious vibe surrounding it, and would really love to try it someday. Apparently, the Absinthe concentration is close to none in the bottles found on the market today.

Comments

Ze_Teamaker

TheTeaFairy

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

The Laurentians, Canada