I’ve been thinking about it for months now but haven’t had the guts to actually do it. I want to start painting again. I stopped a while ago due to complicated reasons. But I feel time is right now. Just need to kick myself in the petuli and get my “clutter closet” in order, where all the painting gears are.

You know that space in your home where things get cluttered over the years and one day you open it and think, what the hell happened in there? Well that’s the closet I’m talking about. Am I the only one with such a problem?

Well I was up at 5h30 this morning, thinking, you can do this girl, it’s early and will take just a couple of hours. Just have a cup of delicious tea and read a little before you start. Several hours later, still sipping good tea and reading. WTF?? Come on fairy, gather some energy and just do it already!

Think this Guayusa combo might help? I just mixed whatever I had left of Good Morning Sunshine in the Tangerine Creamsicle jar. I made a large pot and hoping the Guayusa will kick in soon.

Beside its high energy concentration, Guayusa is delicious. These blends from Butilki are some of the best I have tried. There’s something about citrus and Gayusa that makes the flavours just explode! It is so fresh and bright, should have had it right from the start, my closet would be in order and I’d be painting by now!!!

Oh well, it’s never too late!

Thanks Butiki for being part of my creativity project!

yyz

Good luck with the clutter closet. If it makes you feel better I have a storage unit full of stuff I haven’t looked at deeply for years. It came from inheriting almost two household full of things before I finished University.

Have fun with re-embracing painting. My cousin is doing the same right now. Her career does involve art ( she owns an industrial interior design co.), but as she is the most involved in the marketing/management part of her work among her partners she does not get as many opportunities to do the part she loves. Enjoy it once you rediscover what you have!

__Morgana__

It’s awesome that you want to renew an artistic endeavor. I have periods where I stop writing for (also) complicated reasons and then re-engage with my typical monomania.

And you are not alone with the clutter problem. It is a part of my daily life ever since having kids. I have not had a cleared surface in ten years and it makes my skin crawl. Every now and then I go into a frenzy and try to get everything cleared away but inevitably it’s back where it started within days. Sigh.

TheTeaFairy

Thanks for the encouragement you gals! yyz, OMG, two household, how to deal with that?

I understand your cousin…the thing is once you stop, there’s lime a piece of you missing. So yes, I am planning on re-embracing it, no matter how rusted I may be :-)

Morgana, at least you have small children running around to excuse yourself, lol, I don’t!
Writing is also something I identify with a lot. (I’m a lot more eloquent in French as it comes a lot easier to me).
What do you like to write about?

Ysaurella

and what are you painting ? now we want to see your paintings :)

TheTeaFairy

Hehe, Ysaurella, I’m afraid I’m not ready to “expose” myself just yet! I haven’t done anything in many years…used to paint mostly solitaire trees in different variations of styles and colours…Never took lessons so don’t know if what I’m doing is right or wrong, just feels good doing it. My sister begs me to do more, she has several hanging on her walls, she’s so cute, she swears she doesn’t like them just because I’m her sister :-)

ahaha I’ll wait so :)

__Morgana__

TF, I write short fiction. I started out writing straight literary stuff but for the last couple of years I’ve focused on speculative fiction.

OMGsrsly

TheTeaFairy, one thing you learn after doing art lessons for a few years (I did fine art all through high school), is that technique is baloney. Whatever get you the effect you want is A-OK. :)

TheTeaFairy

Morgana, i just saw a link in your bio, is that what you are referring to? Sure gonna have a closer look :-)

Thank you OMGsrsly for this comment, a confidence booster, maybe I’ll post my next “oeuvre d’art” sooner then, haha!

__Morgana__

TF, yep, that’s my bare bones “author” web site for speculative fiction that I was told in a class I really ought to have. ;-) If not for that I probably would have waited until I have a professional sale to report, but since it appears to be expected even of new authors in the genre I went ahead and put one up.

TheTeaFairy

Holly molly, this is serious stuff, you might just be the next big thing!!! I have bookmarked you, you’re on my official “to read” list :-)

__Morgana__

LOL. Well, that would be nice. But I have a long road ahead and my biggest challenge is to keep writing. I get frustrated when things in my brain don’t come out the way I want them to on the page, and I get frustrated when I have near misses from the big magazines. I know it’s all part of the process, but it’s still hard to keep motivated.

Comments

yyz

TheTeaFairy

What do you like to write about?

Ysaurella

and what are you painting ? now we want to see your paintings :)

ahaha I’ll wait so :)

OMGsrsly

__Morgana__

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

The Laurentians, Canada