My morning is usually devoted to black tea, oolong is an afternoon friend, and pu’erh is more serious an usually gets the evening, (flavoured are “in between” teas). Habits, I’m full of them! That’s my tea MO, but having said that, I will happily interchange the order from time to time, but this morning, I stick to the usual…

I chose this Golden Monkey, sent to me by the generous Dexter3657.

This is a high quality tea, you know just from looking at its little golden claws.

Golden Monkeys are not my favourite black teas as I prefer a fuller bodied cup. This one is light to medium body. I over-leafed as usual, cause that’s my preference.

It feels very different from other GM I’ve had. They usually have what I call a Mexican cocoa feel to them, like chocolate with a hint of smoke. The smoke is there, but I find no notes of cocoa. It’s definitely more on the savoury side, roasted veggies, almost peppery with a hint of sweetness.

All in all, a very satisfying cup, but not something I would stock up on. I prefer Teavivre GM, which is a lot sweeter, chocolaty with big notes of sweet potatoes.

But this was a new experience, I’ve never tasted a tea quite like this one, very unique
and I am so grateful I got to sample it.

Thanks you Dexter3657.

looseTman

“I prefer Teavivre GM, which is a lot sweeter, chocolaty with big notes of sweet potatoes.”
TheTeaFairy, I’m with you, TeaVivre Golden Monkey is sooo satisfying!

Dexter

Interesting, I think I like this one better than Teavivre – but to each their own. That’s why we have to keep tying new ones – right? :))

Terri HarpLady

I’m with you on devoting the mornings to black tea!
I haven’t had Capital’s version of Golden Monkey, but I sure do love Teavivre’s!

Comments

looseTman

TheTeaFairy, I’m with you, TeaVivre Golden Monkey is sooo satisfying!

Dexter

Terri HarpLady

I’m with you on devoting the mornings to black tea!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada