Happy Mother’s day to all of you Steepster moms :-)

This morning, I’m thinking of my mother who is such a big influence in my life. This past year, she carried me through difficult times, don’t know where I’d be without her love and support.

So I chose a tea that reminds me of her beauty and loving kindness.

Jasmine is delicate, a beautiful flower that seems so fragile, and yet it will embrace you and comfort you every time you brew a cup.

My mom is not a tea drinker, but when she comes over, she always asks that I prepare a pot of “my special Chinese Jasmine tea” as she calls it.

My grandmother used to prepare Jasmine tea for us all the time, that’s how I started drinking tea at the age of seven! God bless her, my grandma is 88 and still very healthy and alert. That’s why Jasmine has such a special place in my heart to this day. She was using that loose leaf Jasmine black tea in the squared yellow tin with oriental designs on it. As a child, it looked like a magic box to me, it made me think of Aladdin!

I won’t be able to be with my mom and my grandma physically today, but drinking this beautiful tea this morning is like having both of them here with me.

See how tea brings people together?

This is my favourite Jasmine tea, it has everything I can wish for, and that’s why it’s the perfect tea to drink to honor the most important women in my life!

(See previous notes)

looseTman

An excellent Steepster tribute to your mom and grandma! Well done!

Veronica

Such a sweet way to honor your mom and grandma. If have to drink pots of coffee to do the same for mine. ;)

TheTeaFairy

Haha! Veronica, you can find another way to honor them I’m hoping :-)

yyz

Nice!

Ysaurella

I’ll have to wait until the 25 for mother day here but this is a very lovely tribute to your mom and grandma.

TheTeaFairy

Thanks Ysaurella! It never occurred to me that mother’s day wasn’t the same everywhere, nice to know :-)

Ysaurella

always the last Sunday of May here and Father day is always the third Sunday of June.

ashmanra

And they already had Mother’s Day in Ireland! I think it was a few weeks ago!

Suziqzer

What a great way to celebrate your mom and grandma!

tigress_al

Beautiful story!

MzPriss

I posted a comment to this from my phone – does it not work from your phone??? Anyway, what I said was something like: This is beautifully expressed and I bet sending a copy of it or a link to it would be an awesome Mom’s Day present.

Sometimes comments don’t post from my phone either… :(

TheTeaFairy

MzPriss, that’s an awesome idea, though my grandma speaks only French. But when I tell her what it’s about, she’ll be so excited that I wrote something about her, she’ll probably post it on Facebook (yes, at 88, she can teach ME about facebook, lol!)

MzPriss

I don’t do FB – but I bet they would LOVE to see this. It’s very sweet!

Comments

looseTman

An excellent Steepster tribute to your mom and grandma! Well done!

Veronica

TheTeaFairy

Haha! Veronica, you can find another way to honor them I’m hoping :-)

yyz

Nice!

ashmanra

And they already had Mother’s Day in Ireland! I think it was a few weeks ago!

Suziqzer

What a great way to celebrate your mom and grandma!

tigress_al

Beautiful story!

Sometimes comments don’t post from my phone either… :(

MzPriss

I don’t do FB – but I bet they would LOVE to see this. It’s very sweet!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada