drank Special Dark by Mandala Tea

Beautiful Mr. and Mrs. Mallard are chilling on my lawn this morning. They’ve been here for a couple of days now. They sit under the pine tree or go for a swim in the pond.

Mr. Mallard’s iridescent and lustrous green plumage is just stunning to look at, it never gets old. Of course, just like most bird species, Mrs Mallard’s feathering is a lot more subdued. (Totally unfair!!)

I got out of bed super early and already knew I was going to drink Special Dark. (I read Cavocorax’s note last night and got inspired!)

Chocolate in the morning? Yes please! This is rich decadent liquid gooey chocolate, with burnt caramel sprinkles on top, yum. It’s also creamy with vanilla notes, that makes it round and silky in the mouth.

This has none of the heavy earthiness often found in shou. It’s a very “friendly” pu’erh, smooth and accessible to everyone, but complex enough to please the more experienced tea drinkers.

The more you steep it, the more condensed the flavour gets. Just superb.

Happy Sunday everybody :-)

So sad I just can’t taste any of these things :(
This tea is mushroom soup to me :(

TheTeaFairy

Whatshesaid, you are so cute! So what? Mushroom soup is awesome, I love it, wish I was getting some of that as well :-) have you tried brewing it a little stonger maybe?

whatshesaid

I tried 20 seconds, 1 min, 2 min and 3 min, lol.

gmathis

How lucky to have “live” duck yard ornaments! Was excited this morning on the way to church—saw an almost fluorescent goldfinch on the way to town; a bona fide bluebird (not blue jay) on the way home.

TheTeaFairy

Never thought of it this way gmathis, “live duck yard ornaments”, love that :-)
You had some very interesting encounters, is it possible you saw an indigo bunting? I saw one only once, so gorgeous.

gmathis

Nope, this one: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Qo2qpwne2oU/UBTq40Ei4PI/AAAAAAAAX_s/UTe83apvFtE/s1600/Bluebird+(Eastern)-9491.jpg Officially, bluebirds are the state bird of Missouri, but we really don’t see them often here in the SW corner.

Comments

whatshesaid

So sad I just can’t taste any of these things :(
This tea is mushroom soup to me :(

whatshesaid

I tried 20 seconds, 1 min, 2 min and 3 min, lol.

TheTeaFairy

Never thought of it this way gmathis, “live duck yard ornaments”, love that :-)

gmathis

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada