drank Keemun by Golden Moon Tea

This is another sample from Dexter3657.

I love a good Keemun, but my liking is proportional to their level of smoke. A few exceptions aside, I’m not a fan of smoke in tea.

This Keemun falls in the middle for me. It’s moderately smoky, with nice fruity and floral undertones, though I can’t really pinpoint the peach and lilac mentioned in its description.

The truth is, the smoke ruins it a bit for me, so I decided to try my second cup “Sil’s Style”, with maple syrup you have guessed. I very rarely add anything to my tea, but maple syrup will sometimes join the party and help a little with difficult ones.

Does’t really help in this case I’m afraid, the smoke’s sharpness still cuts trough.

Oh well, I’m still very happy I got the chance to try it, it helps me narrow down excacly the type of Keemun I prefer.

Thank you Dexter3657 for sharing with me :-)

looseTman

TheTeaFairy, Thanks for being the first to review this Keemun. I was intrigued when it was recently on sale, especially since Golden Moon teas are typically well regarded on Steepster.

TheTeaFairy

Well I guess I’m not a “real” keemun fan, since I have a hard time with smoke. so please don’t let this review influence you, it’s a very good tea, just doesn’t suit my own personal tastes:-) I’m pretty much sticking to Teavivre when it comes to Keemun, can’t seem to find any I like as much.

Dexter

I’m going to take this to work with me tomorrow and see how it is. I don’t normally get the “smoke” – it’s kind of like the mysterious leather.
Fairy do I have more Keemun? I probably do… would you like to try others that I might have?

looseTman

Thanks for being the pioneer for this Keemun. Prior to today there wasn’t any readily available Steepster info on this one. Anyone who likes Teavivre Keemun certainly has good taste! ;-)

TheTeaFairy

Haha! Dexter, so you are smoke and leather immune, so funny! Well if you can’t find the smoke in a Lapsang, then don’t look for it in this one, I don’t think you’ll never find it!

(No.more.tea.for.me…But Thank you :-))

Thanks looseTman :-)

Dexter

I can find smoke in Lapsang – like smoked lapsang, or some heavily roasted oolongs, but not just in keemun…….

TheTeaFairy

Ha! Sorry, that makes more sense :-)

Dexter

This is smokey – I don’t think it’s CRAZY smokey but there is some. It seems to lessen as the tea cools. At least that’s my impression this morning…

TheTeaFairy

So you got the smoke this time? Smoke in keemun is different than smoke found in Sheng don’t you find? That, I can appreciate. But Keemun feels heavier and the smoke against that rich taste is just too much for me.

There is smoke in sheng?
I don’t find this offensive, but then I don’t mind Lapsang (unless it’s really piney smoke). I need to look through my stash for more Keemun – see how the others compare to this. I just don’t recall ever getting smoke like this…

Comments

looseTman

TheTeaFairy

(No.more.tea.for.me…But Thank you :-))

Thanks looseTman :-)

TheTeaFairy

Ha! Sorry, that makes more sense :-)

There is smoke in sheng?

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada