This tea seals the deal for me. Thanks to the lovely Dexter3657, I think I will now place my first Norbu order.

It’s a beautiful one, but very hard to describe. I think I’d have to borrow yyz superhuman taste buds to give it a proper review!!

It’s malty, woody and chocolaty. What makes this tea very distinctive IMHO, is a mineral saltiness that coats the mouth, it creates such an unusual mouthfeel.

I’m tempted to say there’s notes of hay but it’s a bit more fragrant than that, reminds of dried flowers, straw and light perfume. Nothing offensive, it just adds another layer of complexity.

I’m at steep #5 gungfu style and it keeps on giving, very potent.

Thank you so much Dexter3657 for allowing me to try such a high quality tea. (Now I highly recommend you start drinking it for yourself, lol!!)

Nicole/Tea-Historic

that sounds great!

Dexter

I’ve actually been drinking this one, and it’s not my favorite. So happy that you like it though. :))

Comments

Nicole/Tea-Historic

that sounds great!

Dexter

Time to update this profile of mine…it’s 2015!!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect :-/

My relationship with tea in a nutshell:

I’m married to straight Black. I have torrid love affairs with Oolong and Puerh. I party with Green and White occasionally. Flavored are not my BFF, I usually stay away from them.

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others.

About me:

I am a free spirit, I let people be who they are and expect the same in return.

Books! I love classic literature, but also modern and pretty much anything that captures my attention.

Music is also something I can’t live without… From Bach to Nirvana, my ears know no boundaries…

Animal and nature lover, amateur photographer.

I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember.

Not a big «swapper», but will occasionally. Not because I don’t want to share but because I’m trying not to hoard so much.

Also, I have narrowed down the teas I really like over the years, and I don’t feel the need to try and buy everything the way I used to. (Maybe I have become a tea snob? Sigh…)

My ratings: because I pretty much drink only teas that I judge exceptional, my ratings are usually high. Don’t be shocked to see lots of 90’s and a few 100’s. That’s because I’ve had my share of crapy teas and I’m done with that ;-)

You can find me on Instagram here, I post about my tea sessions mostly, but also about the beautiful nature that surrounds me, and my fury companions :-)

The Laurentians, Canada