I’m sad cause this is the last tea of the free sample pack I received from the generous Angel at Teavivre…thank you! It’s been a wonderful experience.

Oh, I think I just died and went to Tea Heaven on a Wednesday night!

(This happens every time I drink Da Yu Ling oolong it seems…)

I mentioned it before, Da Yu Ling is my favourite high mountain oolong. I keep two other brands in my cupboard, and was very curious to try Teavivre’s.

It doesn’t disappoint.

The nuggets are lustrous and super green, very tightly rolled. They smell like wintergreen!

The taste is light and “fluffy”, buttery and creamy like any typical green high altitude oolong, but it has that little extra je ne sais quoi, a certain spiciness that could be similar to nutmeg with a fresh spearmint finish. Yum!

I do prefer the ones I usually buy, but this was very enjoyable.

It’s an expensive tea and I’m so glad I got to try it for free.

Thanks again Teavivre for the opportunity.

7 g 6 OZ / 177 ML

awesome! :)

awesome! :)

Time to update this profile of mine…it’s 2015!!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect :-/

My relationship with tea in a nutshell:

I’m married to straight Black. I have torrid love affairs with Oolong and Puerh. I party with Green and White occasionally. Flavored are not my BFF, I usually stay away from them.

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others.

About me:

I am a free spirit, I let people be who they are and expect the same in return.

Books! I love classic literature, but also modern and pretty much anything that captures my attention.

Music is also something I can’t live without… From Bach to Nirvana, my ears know no boundaries…

Animal and nature lover, amateur photographer.

I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember.

Not a big «swapper», but will occasionally. Not because I don’t want to share but because I’m trying not to hoard so much.

Also, I have narrowed down the teas I really like over the years, and I don’t feel the need to try and buy everything the way I used to. (Maybe I have become a tea snob? Sigh…)

My ratings: because I pretty much drink only teas that I judge exceptional, my ratings are usually high. Don’t be shocked to see lots of 90’s and a few 100’s. That’s because I’ve had my share of crapy teas and I’m done with that ;-)

You can find me on Instagram here, I post about my tea sessions mostly, but also about the beautiful nature that surrounds me, and my fury companions :-)

The Laurentians, Canada