drank Dragonberry by Cornelia Bean

Dragonfruit (pitahaya) is one of my favorite exotic fruit. It is also stunning to look at, flashy fuchsia cactus/dragon like on the exterior, beautiful snowy white flesh with tiny black polka dots on the inside.

When Dexter3657 told me she had a tisane made of this fantastic fruit, I said «Please, please, oh please!!!!»

I really don’t know why she felt like she had to send me some…;-)

Wow, I iced it and it is really good! No hibiscus people and not overly sweet, which makes it the perfect refreshment.

When Cornelia Bean say Dragon and Berry, they mean it! There’s huge Dragonfruit slices and tons of berries in the blend. It’s super fruity and tasty, with a little tang. That might be from the cranberries. I don’t know what chokeberries or the buckthorn berries taste like so I can’t comment.

It’s similar to a fruit tisane from Zen Tea, Goji Chokeberry Strawberry, but I prefer Cornelia Bean, a lot more Dragonfruit and berries, no apples. (Zen tea is made of over 50% apple pieces but it’s still very good)

I will have this again, I promise. And this time, I mean I will buy it myself :-)

Thanks you so much Dexter3657, this one is a hit!!!

caile

Nice! I will have to get some of this for sure!

Dexter

Fairy – I knew you would like it, I’m just going to keep saying it. This is my favorite tisane.

Dexter

Caile – If you like fruit tisane, this one is amazing, but in general Cornelia Bean does them really well. I also like Pickly Pear, Frisky Rhubarb, Juicy Peach,and Pear Garden “Black Currant”. If you are going to the store, don’t forget to stop by Bernard Callebaut for chocolate. ;)) it’s always a dangerous trip for me.

caile

Thanks for those recommendations! I was just going to look at their website to plan my shopping trip. :) I’ve only had a couple of their berry tisanes – lake of the woods blend and moody manitoba – which were both so tasty! But, I’ve never stopped for chocolate…although have often thought about it!

Dexter

I haven’t tried either of the ones you mentioned. Will have to check them out.
Not stopping for chocolate – you have more willpower than I do. Fantastic tea and fantastic chocolate on the same block – I don’t go very often – ends up being an expensive trip, but sooooo much fun. I also love the interesting teaware that Cornelia has. :))

TheTeaFairy

Ok stop it!!! I’m the girl who has NO tea shops near by, remember? Please stop bragging, I envy you too much ;-)

Dexter

Sorry Fairy…. :(( You could come and visit. In the summer it’s a nice half hour walk from here to Cornelia through a beautiful old tree lined neighborhood. Spend a couple of hours strolling past big century old character homes, smell some tea, nibble some chocolate, wander back home…. telling you – would be fun. ;)

TheTeaFairy

Lol, be careful what you wish for…(I just grabbed my keys and my GPS, I’m on my way!!)

caile

Lol, I was about to say that I used to walk there sometimes! :)

Dexter

LOL – I think you would get waylaid in Toronto – soooooo many cool shops to visit there – so many Steepster buddies there. I’m not sure you would make it this far… ;))

Dexter

Caile – I live in the village – I just LOVE wandering down Wellington Cres towards Acadamy. Looking at all the houses I will NEVER be able to afford – it’s fun to dream though. :))

Comments

caile

Nice! I will have to get some of this for sure!

Dexter

I haven’t tried either of the ones you mentioned. Will have to check them out.

caile

Lol, I was about to say that I used to walk there sometimes! :)

Dexter

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada