I went to the hospital this morning, and I saw great beauty.

There was an older man sitting next to me in the waiting room. He told me he had a brain tumour and only 6 months to live.

I asked what were his plans for the next 6 months. With tears in his eyes, he pointed at the little boy next to him, his grandson. His daughter was also there. He told me he was going to spend as much time as possible with them.

Then the little boy, (three years old) got up, gently took his grandpa’s face between his two miniature hands and stared. He said with a big smile on his face: «Don’t be sad Pappy, all the pain is gone…»

I cried. His daughter cried. Then we all looked at the little boy, and laughed. It was one of those moments where you can’t help reflect on your own life. It was special. That little boy will be forever in my heart and so will be the old man.

When I got home, I was exhausted, but grateful. Grateful to have time in front of me to love and cherish those who are important to me.

I chose to dink this tea for its beauty and purity.

It’s clean, and it gives me some peace and quiet inside. It’s very sweet, brothy and slightly vegetal. It’s milky in a rice milk kind of way. It’s soothing. It’s what I need.

I don’t have much else to say, just thought I’d share this beautiful story with you all :-)

Christina

That’s lovely. So lovely.

TheTeaFairy

Yes, We sometimes meet the most wonderful people at the most unexpected places…

caile

Thank you for sharing that – so very touching and beautiful!

Doug F

Beautiful. A good reminder to be in the moment so that you don’t miss experiences like this.

inranger Thanks, you reminded me to reach out and keep in touch with my sister.
Stephanie

Wow, powerful stuff

Kat_Maria

This is the day when Steepster made me cry. Thank you for the story, TeaFairy!

looseTman

Very poignant and a great reminder of what’s truly important in life.

TheTeaFairy

Thank you guys, I’m glad I’m not the only one who was touched by this little boy today…

Inranger, that’s what it was all about :-)

mrmopar

It’s the little things that mean so much. And words from a child the purest and most honest sayings.

MissLena

Thank you for sharing this lovely story! A great reminder to enjoy every moment in your life, especially with loved ones

MzPriss

I’m sitting here sobbing. This so beautiful and so heart-wrenching. I lost my very beloved Daddy to brain tumors much, much too soon. I want to hug that little boy and that man so hard. It’s Father’s Day next weekend and that is always a bittersweet time for me and he’s been gone for years now. Thank you for sharing this.

TheTeaFairy

MzPriss, so sorry this post brought back sad memories…I’m very sorry for your dad.

MzPriss

It’s OK really. I still miss him a way lot. My Daddy was hilarious and and loving and I was the light of his life. I got a lot
From my Daddy and I have great memories.

TeaVivre

moving story. Be happy even in the darkest days, and always find something that can bring you peace or cherry you up.

Comments

Christina

That’s lovely. So lovely.

TheTeaFairy

Yes, We sometimes meet the most wonderful people at the most unexpected places…

caile

Thank you for sharing that – so very touching and beautiful!

Doug F

inranger Thanks, you reminded me to reach out and keep in touch with my sister.
Stephanie

Wow, powerful stuff

Kat_Maria

This is the day when Steepster made me cry. Thank you for the story, TeaFairy!

looseTman

Very poignant and a great reminder of what’s truly important in life.

TheTeaFairy

Inranger, that’s what it was all about :-)

mrmopar

MissLena

MzPriss

From my Daddy and I have great memories.

TeaVivre

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

near montreal