I love how “shabby chic” White Peony tea looks like, unstructured and lacking in formal rules. The leaves look like they just woke up and didn’t have time to fix their hair yet!

Fluffy, some large and some small, oddly shaped, it’s beautifully disorganized.

Brewing it never fails me. It’s one of those I always go «Ahhh, yes, here you are, it’s been too long…» cause I usually shy away from white tea during winter but drink lots of it during summer season, cold or hot.

I am using the Gaiwan, I don’t measure or weigh it cause it’s too light, I just completely fill the vessel, it’s simpler.

It smells and tastes like hay warmed by the sun. It has beautiful notes of stone fruit, maybe apricot, and I also get some cucumber.

The second steep is always the best, it bursts with sweet melon juiciness, more stone fruit, hay still present.

Very relaxing and warming, a solid tea I can always rely on.

Welcome back to my life Bai Mu Dan!

Cameron B.

I really enjoyed the Bai Mudan I tried and I will definitely be trying this brand as well. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Teavivre. :)

I’m very interested in the whole gaiwan / gong fu mechanic but I really have no idea what it entails. I guess it’s something that I will have to do some research on and try in the future!

sherapop

Good description of this “bad hair day” tea! ;-)

TheTeaFairy

Cameron, I don’t think you can go wrong with Teavivre!
Here’s a link I like a lot for an introduction to Gongfu brewing methods. I love it cause it also shows non formal methods to make it accessible to anybody, (if you don’t own a Gaiwan or a gongfu pot). All Verdan’t videos are fantastic, I have learned a lot with them. Hope it helps you and gives you a direction :-)

Lol, sherapop, I always think “bad hair day” when I look at it ;-)

TheTeaFairy

Always nice to see you Mr. Draper ;-)

Thanks so much for your help, TheTeaFairy, I really appreciate it! :3

TheTeaFairy

Awww, you are so welcome Cameron, anytime :-)

chadao

Sounds delicious! If you like bai cha (true “bai hao” white tea) like Bai Mu Dan, then you might also like its cousins, Shou Mei and Bai Hao Yin Zhen. Shou Mei is usually more robust, but still with that hay and delicate fruit flavor. Yin Zhen, you may have tried it, its delicately sweet and luxurious.

TheTeaFairy

Thanks chadao :-) I love Silver Needle…I bought Shou Mei only once in form of a cake (also from Teavivre), it reminded me of some Sheng I’ve had. Was that what you were referring to?

chadao

Not quite, I’ve never actually heard of Shou Mei in cake form. I was thinking more along the lines of this:

Thanks for the links…here’s what I’ve had before, just FYI:

Comments

Cameron B.

sherapop

Good description of this “bad hair day” tea! ;-)

TheTeaFairy

Cameron, I don’t think you can go wrong with Teavivre!

Lol, sherapop, I always think “bad hair day” when I look at it ;-)

TheTeaFairy

Always nice to see you Mr. Draper ;-)

Thanks so much for your help, TheTeaFairy, I really appreciate it! :3

TheTeaFairy

Awww, you are so welcome Cameron, anytime :-)

Thanks for the links…here’s what I’ve had before, just FYI:

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

The Laurentians, Canada