Aaaah, my black malty full bodied tea, how much I love you.

First time I drank Bailin Gungfu, I heard the angels singing! (Pun very intended for Angel at Teavivre!)

It was about three years ago and I was a lot less experienced with tea in general. I remember thinking that I had finally arrived, that this was the reason I kept drinking and trying new teas.

The aroma is so inviting and homey, it’s like having a sniff at fresh baked bread just out of the oven. Think crusty rye bread.

It’s malty with big cocoa notes paired with dark honey…mmm…chocolate croissant.

Everything has been said about this tea, and yet, I felt compelled to review it again.

Only the best teas stand the test of time…this is not a one trick pony, it’s one that keeps coming back to my cupboard.

As I mention in my profile, I am MARRIED to straight blacks and VERY faithful to them…Ok, maybe I do cheat a little…but I always come back!

albertocanfly

Reading the “I heard the angels sing.” I immediately picture Angel sitting across from you while you drank this tea and serenading you…tehehe:P

That sounds lovely. :)

TheTeaFairy

Haha! albertocanfly, I’ll have to invite her over someday for a real singing tea session ;-)

Arshness, if you are a fan of this type of tea, I highly recommend it, it’s a classic and it’s very accessible to any tea lover!

Arshness

I’m totally unfamiliar with that kind of tea. :) Just it sounds nice. I should try it some time.

sherapop

Looking forward to trying this one—especially after this review! ;-)

MzPriss

I have some of this on the way too

Terri HarpLady

I need to be sure & put this in my basket next time I place a Teavivre order. I’ve been out for quite awhile.

Tea Sipper

Since you mention buying this one a lot, do the harvests stay pretty consistent?

Tea Sipper

Or should I ask, did you order this recently and is it as good as usual?

TheTeaFairy

Yes! The harvests are very consistent and I ordered just a few months ago. I never noticed any huge difference from one order to the next.

Tea Sipper

thanks, good to know! Hopefully more consistent than the Laoshan Black harvests. But I like the Bailin Gongfu better anyway. :D

Comments

albertocanfly

That sounds lovely. :)

sherapop

Looking forward to trying this one—especially after this review! ;-)

MzPriss

I have some of this on the way too

Terri HarpLady

Tea Sipper

Or should I ask, did you order this recently and is it as good as usual?

Tea Sipper

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada