drank Nina's Japon by Nina's Paris

I’m always thankful to get free samples, Thank you Laurent for giving me the opportunity to try your product.

I chose this tea in the hopes that it would be “genmaicha-esque”. Green tea and toasted rice, so yummy!

What I overlooked is…the caramel part. I love caramel notes in straight tea, but don’t do very well with caramel added flavour.

The only thing I get from this tea is…LIQUID CARAMEL! The Dulce Leche type, there’s a creamy milky taste to it, another thing I like only in straight tea but can barely tolerate in flavoured tea.

Yes, big caramel flavour with plenty of vanilla makes this way too sweet and rich for me. I can barely taste the base which is a combination of black and green, something I’m not fond of, I don’t think they should ever be mixed together.

The toasty part is not really adding anything for me, I barely notice it.

I’m not rating it, cause it’s not the tea’s fault if I don’t like caramel. I can still recommend it to any caramel lovers, I can tell this is an excellent tea if you like a sweet caramel cup.

It’s extremely flavourful, and I just should have read the description more carefully before requesting it as a sample.

mj

That’s a shame you didn’t like it! You seem to have such a developed palate (way more than mine), so I’m not surprised we had way different experiences.

TheTeaFairy

Oh, but it’s got nothing to do with your palate my dear…It’s very high rated here on Steepster, you are probably more spot on than I am on this one :-)
I hate sweet caramel flavoured teas, it’s totally my fault, should have known from the description…that’s why I’m not rating it, wouldn’t be fair to Nina’s. I have tried a GREAT one just now, Thé des Muses, I loved it ;-)

Terri HarpLady

I think this was the only tea from Nina’s that I actually liked ;)

Comments

mj

TheTeaFairy

Terri HarpLady

I think this was the only tea from Nina’s that I actually liked ;)

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada