drank Nina's Japon by Nina's Paris

I’m always thankful to get free samples, Thank you Laurent for giving me the opportunity to try your product.

I chose this tea in the hopes that it would be “genmaicha-esque”. Green tea and toasted rice, so yummy!

What I overlooked is…the caramel part. I love caramel notes in straight tea, but don’t do very well with caramel added flavour.

The only thing I get from this tea is…LIQUID CARAMEL! The Dulce Leche type, there’s a creamy milky taste to it, another thing I like only in straight tea but can barely tolerate in flavoured tea.

Yes, big caramel flavour with plenty of vanilla makes this way too sweet and rich for me. I can barely taste the base which is a combination of black and green, something I’m not fond of, I don’t think they should ever be mixed together.

The toasty part is not really adding anything for me, I barely notice it.

I’m not rating it, cause it’s not the tea’s fault if I don’t like caramel. I can still recommend it to any caramel lovers, I can tell this is an excellent tea if you like a sweet caramel cup.

It’s extremely flavourful, and I just should have read the description more carefully before requesting it as a sample.

mj

That’s a shame you didn’t like it! You seem to have such a developed palate (way more than mine), so I’m not surprised we had way different experiences.

TheTeaFairy

Oh, but it’s got nothing to do with your palate my dear…It’s very high rated here on Steepster, you are probably more spot on than I am on this one :-)
I hate sweet caramel flavoured teas, it’s totally my fault, should have known from the description…that’s why I’m not rating it, wouldn’t be fair to Nina’s. I have tried a GREAT one just now, Thé des Muses, I loved it ;-)

Terri HarpLady

I think this was the only tea from Nina’s that I actually liked ;)

Comments

mj

TheTeaFairy

Terri HarpLady

I think this was the only tea from Nina’s that I actually liked ;)

Time to update this profile of mine…it’s 2015!!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect :-/

My relationship with tea in a nutshell:

I’m married to straight Black. I have torrid love affairs with Oolong and Puerh. I party with Green and White occasionally. Flavored are not my BFF, I usually stay away from them.

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others.

About me:

I am a free spirit, I let people be who they are and expect the same in return.

Books! I love classic literature, but also modern and pretty much anything that captures my attention.

Music is also something I can’t live without… From Bach to Nirvana, my ears know no boundaries…

Animal and nature lover, amateur photographer.

I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember.

Not a big «swapper», but will occasionally. Not because I don’t want to share but because I’m trying not to hoard so much.

Also, I have narrowed down the teas I really like over the years, and I don’t feel the need to try and buy everything the way I used to. (Maybe I have become a tea snob? Sigh…)

My ratings: because I pretty much drink only teas that I judge exceptional, my ratings are usually high. Don’t be shocked to see lots of 90’s and a few 100’s. That’s because I’ve had my share of crapy teas and I’m done with that ;-)

You can find me on Instagram here, I post about my tea sessions mostly, but also about the beautiful nature that surrounds me, and my fury companions :-)

The Laurentians, Canada