albertocanfly and gmathis, this is totally your fault ;-)

All this talk about mint has inspired me to brew my favourite. Had to wait for my wild mint to grow first. I tell you, this recipe requires a lot of skills…you need fresh mint, boiling water, and a clear glass mug.

That’s it folks!

This is what you do. You fill the cup with LOTS of fresh mint, leaves and stems. I usually take one large bunch so everything is attached together. My personal favourite is sweet spearmint.

Poor some just boiled water in a glass mug in order to watch the show. Don’t cover, just watch the leaves dance, they will become a vibrant emerald green. Wait a good 5 minutes and start sipping. Don’t remove the leaves, the tea will become even more flavourful as you drink it. Will never become bitter.

I learned to do that about four years ago in a Thai restaurant. When I asked for mint tea, that’s what they brought me. I fell in love with it. Who knew mint tea could be so easy and so much more flavourful this way!

I planted my own mint that summer…it still grows and has become a bush. I can have sweet mint tea all I want, it’s so relaxing and helps me feel at peace, especially at night.

For those who have never experienced mint that way, a must try :-)

MzPriss

I do this in the summer and then put it in the fridge for cold tea. I add some lemon balm to mine and it is luscious!

mj

That sounds delightful! TheTeaFairy, you are now not only my tea-enabler, you are my houseplant enabler. You’ve just given me an excuse to get a mint plant. Chocolate mint, I think! I already bought two new plants this weekend and this will bring my houseplant total to 11…in my 1 bedroom apartment lol.

TheTeaFairy

MzPriss, the lemon balm thing sounds delicious, will have to try!

Mj, chocolate mint is an awesome idea! As for being your houseplant enabler, please don’t let it be me, you will only kill anything you try to grow lol, I’m terrible with plants!

The only reason my mint is doing so well is because it takes care of itself, just like my rhubarb and other herbs I have. No matter how bad I mistreat them, they keep coming back for more the next year…that tells me there are such a thing as masochist plants!

Good luck with it though, let me know when you have your first fresh mint tea :-)

gmathis

Happy to oblige! We have had an unusual late spring/early summer here; lots of lots of rain without much heat. The mint “plantation” is loving it…SW Missouri is typically hotter and drier; I may not be so lucky next year.

MJ, chocolate mint seems to be the hardiest of the types I’ve tried so far.

mj

Haha TheTeaFairy I just need enabling for the purchase of the plants. After that, I can probably handle the care. I’ve had a few of my plants for years now! BTW, I bought three different mint varieties: chocolate mint, lavender mint, and strawberry mint.

gmathis

Hadn’t seen lavender or strawberry yet. Will be interested to hear how those progress!

albertocanfly

tehehe…mint tea is just so incredibly refreshing!!! . And I love drinking it this way, it tastes amazing and the leaves in the cup are always gorgeous (it is mandatory for me to drink tea like this in clear mug :D)

Comments

MzPriss

TheTeaFairy

MzPriss, the lemon balm thing sounds delicious, will have to try!

gmathis

MJ, chocolate mint seems to be the hardiest of the types I’ve tried so far.

albertocanfly

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada