drank Cotton Candy by DAVIDsTEA

So this isn’t out yet, but I got a sample with my recent teaware order, so why not try it?

As you may know already, I’m not big on super sweet artificially flavoured blends, so this already has a strike against it. BUT, I love things that trigger childhood memories, and what better trigger than cotton candy?

The base is green rooibos, something I adore.

Attention, attention, cotton candy lovers, the smell of it is EXACTLY that!

Spot on for the scent, really.

The taste…well, cotton candy being only sugar and colour, this tastes like…sugar and water! With hints of fruitiness, and a little nuttiness from the green rooibos, it’s actually not as bad and artificial as I thought it would be. The green rooibos makes it enjoyable, I could see myself drinking it if I ever get sweet cravings.

This tea doesn’t pretend to be something other than it is, it’s supposed to be fun and carnival reminiscent, and that’s exactly what it is.

I think dessert tea lovers are going to really dig this, not gonna rate it cause it’s not really my thing, but good job on it DAVIDsTEA!

Ost

I’m totally gonna order this tomorrow when they have it available. Hopefully will be better than DTT’s Cotton Candy. That one was disappointing. :/ So happy someone has a tasting note of this! So stoked!! :D

TheTeaFairy

Well, don’t just take my word for it Ost, please, I’m may not be the best judge!! And I haven’t tasted Della Terra’s so i can’t compare ;-)

Ost

Don’t worry, I won’t blame it on you if I hate it :P Plus I figure if I don’t like it I can always swap it with someone here…everyone loves DAVIDsTEA!

I’m excited to try it!

Plunkybug

I’m excited as it’s a green rooibos instead of red! That alone makes me happy!

TheTeaFairy

Roswell, can’t wait to see what others think of it!

Me too Amariel. That’s the reason I gave it a shot, cause I can’t stand red rooibos but love the green, they are soooo different from one another!

mj

I must try green rooibos. I’m not a fan of the red either, but maybe I’ll like the green.

TheTeaFairy

Mj, green rooibos on its own is a little vegetal and tastes a bit like raw almonds. I absolutely love it, that’s why I was so excited when I found Lupicia, they make three blends and they are all so good!

Roswell Strange

DT’s Creme Brulee blend is an overwhelming favourite of mine and it’s primarily green rooibos; so good!

Comments

Ost

I’m excited to try it!

Plunkybug

I’m excited as it’s a green rooibos instead of red! That alone makes me happy!

TheTeaFairy

Roswell, can’t wait to see what others think of it!

mj

Roswell Strange

Time to update this profile of mine…it’s 2015!!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect :-/

My relationship with tea in a nutshell:

I’m married to straight Black. I have torrid love affairs with Oolong and Puerh. I party with Green and White occasionally. Flavored are not my BFF, I usually stay away from them.

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others.

About me:

I am a free spirit, I let people be who they are and expect the same in return.

Books! I love classic literature, but also modern and pretty much anything that captures my attention.

Music is also something I can’t live without… From Bach to Nirvana, my ears know no boundaries…

Animal and nature lover, amateur photographer.

I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember.

Not a big «swapper», but will occasionally. Not because I don’t want to share but because I’m trying not to hoard so much.

Also, I have narrowed down the teas I really like over the years, and I don’t feel the need to try and buy everything the way I used to. (Maybe I have become a tea snob? Sigh…)

My ratings: because I pretty much drink only teas that I judge exceptional, my ratings are usually high. Don’t be shocked to see lots of 90’s and a few 100’s. That’s because I’ve had my share of crapy teas and I’m done with that ;-)

You can find me on Instagram here, I post about my tea sessions mostly, but also about the beautiful nature that surrounds me, and my fury companions :-)

The Laurentians, Canada