drank Cotton Candy by DAVIDsTEA

So this isn’t out yet, but I got a sample with my recent teaware order, so why not try it?

As you may know already, I’m not big on super sweet artificially flavoured blends, so this already has a strike against it. BUT, I love things that trigger childhood memories, and what better trigger than cotton candy?

The base is green rooibos, something I adore.

Attention, attention, cotton candy lovers, the smell of it is EXACTLY that!

Spot on for the scent, really.

The taste…well, cotton candy being only sugar and colour, this tastes like…sugar and water! With hints of fruitiness, and a little nuttiness from the green rooibos, it’s actually not as bad and artificial as I thought it would be. The green rooibos makes it enjoyable, I could see myself drinking it if I ever get sweet cravings.

This tea doesn’t pretend to be something other than it is, it’s supposed to be fun and carnival reminiscent, and that’s exactly what it is.

I think dessert tea lovers are going to really dig this, not gonna rate it cause it’s not really my thing, but good job on it DAVIDsTEA!

Ost

I’m totally gonna order this tomorrow when they have it available. Hopefully will be better than DTT’s Cotton Candy. That one was disappointing. :/ So happy someone has a tasting note of this! So stoked!! :D

TheTeaFairy

Well, don’t just take my word for it Ost, please, I’m may not be the best judge!! And I haven’t tasted Della Terra’s so i can’t compare ;-)

Ost

Don’t worry, I won’t blame it on you if I hate it :P Plus I figure if I don’t like it I can always swap it with someone here…everyone loves DAVIDsTEA!

I’m excited to try it!

Amariel

I’m excited as it’s a green rooibos instead of red! That alone makes me happy!

TheTeaFairy

Roswell, can’t wait to see what others think of it!

Me too Amariel. That’s the reason I gave it a shot, cause I can’t stand red rooibos but love the green, they are soooo different from one another!

mj

I must try green rooibos. I’m not a fan of the red either, but maybe I’ll like the green.

TheTeaFairy

Mj, green rooibos on its own is a little vegetal and tastes a bit like raw almonds. I absolutely love it, that’s why I was so excited when I found Lupicia, they make three blends and they are all so good!

Roswell Strange

DT’s Creme Brulee blend is an overwhelming favourite of mine and it’s primarily green rooibos; so good!

Comments

Ost

I’m excited to try it!

Amariel

I’m excited as it’s a green rooibos instead of red! That alone makes me happy!

TheTeaFairy

Roswell, can’t wait to see what others think of it!

mj

Roswell Strange

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada