This is the only tea I “saved” from last winter’s disastrous Dammann Frères order.

I am so glad this one survived, as it is one of the rare flavoured pu’erh I really enjoy.

The description is so enticing “biscuit, caramel, vanille, amande douce”…

Well, I’m so happy that this blend is not all about caramel. It’s a beautiful earthy woody smooth pu’erh before anything else. It’s like having pu’erh while eating vanilla almond cookies.

I had a little bit of an upset stomach tonight. My fault, I ate fresh pineapples, and the acidity doesn’t agree with me unfortunately but sometimes I just can’t resist! Like all shou Pu’erh, this one is medicinal when it comes to stomach issues, forget anti-acids, this does the trick and it tastes so much better.

It’s such a keeper!

Dexter

Did you send me some of this? I think you did – going to go and dig in the box and drink some tonight – sounds like something I’m in the mood for…

TheTeaFairy

Yes I did! Don’t forget to rinse it a few seconds, it really needs it due to “the incident”, lol.

sherapop

TheTeaFairy: what was so disastrous, pray tell!

whatshesaid

Why was it a disastrous order? Did you hate everything? :/

TheTeaFairy

Lol, curiosity killed the cat? ;-)

Ok, I’ll try to make a long story short. I ordered Dammann Freres teas from Cadeau Deco Vendome, a French distributor who charges very decent shipping to Canada. I know it’s overseas, but not only did the box arrived completely squashed, (it was made of cheap and VERY soft cardboard, it had to chance to make it here without any damages) but also, the tea was in cheap UNSEALED pouches, with nothing written on them, I mean this could have been any unknown tea, really. But the worst part and what ruined the tea was that everything was wrapped in stinky newspaper. The smell was so strong, it was disgusting. Of course, the tea being wrapped in it for almost three weeks during transit, the inevitable happened: taste contamination! Everything tasted awful and ashy from the newspaper. Only puerh gourmand survived…thank god there was only two other teas.

I tried to contact them twice, but they never got back to me. So needless to say, if I ever order Dammann Freres tea again, it will be from Dammann itself, and I’ll pay for the damn ridiculous shipping!!

Having said that, others have ordered successfully from them, so maybe i was just unlucky….

Terri HarpLady

Wow! I think that’s the worst shipping story I’ve heard so far!
The tea sounds tasty though!

Comments

Dexter

sherapop

TheTeaFairy: what was so disastrous, pray tell!

whatshesaid

Why was it a disastrous order? Did you hate everything? :/

TheTeaFairy

Lol, curiosity killed the cat? ;-)

Terri HarpLady

Wow! I think that’s the worst shipping story I’ve heard so far!
The tea sounds tasty though!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada