I got my free samples this week and why not start sampling tonight!

Using the full sample in a 6oz gaiwan.

Well…hello beautiful.

Talk about a full cup of yum.

This is everything I like about a high mountain oolong…and more.

The elements I’m really digging are usually the floral, spicy and minty aspects, and I get them all here. Nice florals that might be a little more perfumed then what I’m used to, but really, I can’t name the flowers cause it’s none of the ones I’m used to find in greener oolongs, which are orchids and lilacs.

The usual spiciness which translates into nutmeg for me is also there, and so is that fresh mouthfeel I get at the end of the sip.

What’s really different about this oolong is its fruitiness. It so full of fruits, it almost tastes tropical to me. The fact that it’s also creamy makes me think of Pina Colada. I also get grapes and apple notes.

There’s a certain bite to it also, a briskness. I wouldn’t say it’s bitter, but it’s a tad astringent. Nothing offensive though, makes the flavours pop even more.

I have many more steeps to come, and might finish it with a cold brew.

I am very impressed with this first sample.

Thank you so much Green Terrace Teas for this opportunity.

yyz

I know, at one point I really tasted pins colada. I normally get gardenia, in green Oolong’s. A scent I only know well, because we used to have a lovely mature bush at a house we had when I lived further south from here. The scent is spicy and intoxicating. I got lilac on this one ironically as it reminded me of this huge bush around the corner from me. I loved the fruit notes in this one.

TheTeaFairy

It really is interesting, I like it a lot! I don’t even think I know what gardenias smell like, but I envy you for having had some near by :-)
I can’t find the thread, but I remember reading something about getting 20% off for reviewing their teas, do you know how it works, do I just send an email when my three reviews are done?

yyz

The instructions were on the card the sent. I think they want us to post our reviews on their site.

TheTeaFairy

Ahhh! That’s it!!! Thanks, it must still be in the envelope, silly me :-)

TeaTiff

I need to write about this one yet, but this was so nice! I couldn’t believe how smooth and strong the flavors were.

MzPriss

I just ordered my samples – I don’t know why I didn’t see it earlier.

TheTeaFairy

Teatiff, I drink loads of green oolong and this one is truly different…can’t wait to read your review.

MzPriss, I will let you know when I see promo stuff from now on :-)

Have you guys requested your $6 gift card from Teavivre?

MzPriss

I did not know about Teavivre – I can always use some more Bailin GF. I will go check their site

MzPriss

Apparently I was not quick enough and the gift cards are all gone – oh well, they are doing other stuff later

Shout, so sorry you missed it :-(

HHHHMMMmmmmmmmm……

Did you miss it also DEX? If so, I haven’t been a good tea friend, so sorry :-(

Dexter

No I got one – I got an email about it from them (I seem to be signed up to a gazillion newslwtters). I was just pondering a comment here.

TheTeaFairy

Haha! Think I know which one…oops.

Ost

I got this one too! Can’t wait to try it. ^^

Dexter

(I thought we weren’t ordering more tea….)

Comments

yyz

TheTeaFairy

Ahhh! That’s it!!! Thanks, it must still be in the envelope, silly me :-)

TeaTiff

MzPriss

I just ordered my samples – I don’t know why I didn’t see it earlier.

TheTeaFairy

MzPriss, I will let you know when I see promo stuff from now on :-)

Have you guys requested your $6 gift card from Teavivre?

Shout, so sorry you missed it :-(

HHHHMMMmmmmmmmm……

Did you miss it also DEX? If so, I haven’t been a good tea friend, so sorry :-(

TheTeaFairy

Haha! Think I know which one…oops.

Ost

I got this one too! Can’t wait to try it. ^^

Dexter

(I thought we weren’t ordering more tea….)

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada