This is my “Hot Cowboy” sheng.

Heart Of The Old Tree…How did such a zen and peaceful name ever became “Hot Cowboy” is absolutely preposterous. And would be too long to explain. All I will say is this: gather a few silly minds together and that’s what you get… MzPriss and Sarsonator, I will not say your names

(If you are crazy curious and feel you must know, you’ll find the answer somewhere in there):

This is a sheng, and therefore, I drank it all afternoon long a few days ago, and took some notes.

It’s fresh and clean. The early steeps gave me peaches.

I found citrusy notes, flirting with a light astringency. It’s almost effervescent, like a sparkling wine. I got the tingling tongue.

I did not get that the first time I drank it a few months ago, but there seemed to be a very faint campfire smoke taste this time around, barely noticeable.

Later steeps brought buttery, vegetal and mineral notes…a little oolong-esque I’d say.

I did not count the steeps, but my session lasted all afternoon…this is a delicate and delightful sheng. It’s wonderful.

I’ve had this tea twice, and can I say that my cat Wizz is going berserk over the smell of it? He does all kinds of weird things, as if this was kitty grass.

I guess even the cat got all “shenged up” :-)

Clint

Sounds so tasty! This tea has been #1 on my wish list! I’ve been wanting to try it out for a while, but I already exceeded my tea funds for the month. sigh

TheTeaFairy

I have yet to find a mandala tea I don’t like, to tell you the truth…and yeah…maxed out tea funds suck!!

MzPriss

Hot Cowboy!!! Mine came yesterday and I will be breaking into this on Saturday. And I just re-read that thread from the other day. My only excuse is that I was all shenged up – I don’t know what you and Sars’ excuse is. We need to hide Garret’s eyes though. He makes all these gorgeous and majestic names for his beautiful teas and we turn it into Hot Cowboy.

TheTeaFairy

Lol! Oh, those names are so beautiful. Did you know I actually bought this one only because of the name? I figured to earn such a meaningful title, it HAD to be good…and it was :-)

MzPriss

I can’t wait to try it. I got a pu-pick from Garret when I got this too so I have a proper tool! Oh and right this minute, I’m using my mug warmer. The Tea Hobbit is right – it rocks!

TheTeaFairy

I’m still using my silly nut pick! I’m getting a knife and a pick today.

Also, I’m going crazy over this tiny thing:

MzPriss

Good morning my Fairy Princess Schoompie. If you’re looking to me to discourage you, I think you know you’re barking up the wrong tea tree. That is freaking gorgeous and it doesn’t cost hardly anything. I would have already bought it. * Dusts off hands * My enabling for the day is done. Nice to have gotten it out of the way early.

TheTeaFairy

Haha! And good morning to you :-)
(Shipping is $17 BTW!!)
How was your night with all that sheng you had to drink “for the cause” last evening?

MzPriss

Holy shit! Really? OK I take my enabling back. That is a pretty cup though. You know, I don’t know how it happened – but I slept like 5 and a half hours. WTH? Maybe I should sheng at night more often. The mug warmer is bril!

TheTeaFairy

Yeah, too expensive for one tiny mini cup. Lol, yes, we definitely should have sheng more often.
(I just sent you a pm)

MzPriss

I am trying Yu Lu Yan Cha from Verdant for the first time, having already sucked down my Dark Beauty and some Zhu Rong. I LIKE this new one. I’m going to have a hard time writing a note on and describing it. It’s like woody-insense. mmmm likey!

yyz

Ummm, Teafairy, I spent some time at the site again and learned 2 things……1. You can order 25g of any tea even if it is not sold as such on the site. 2. They have recently started epacket service out of Kunming, so if you are really interested the shop owner said to email him about your interest in said product and you can probably get a cheaper shipping rate….

The owner is out of town until July 28 so don’t expect an immediate response, but maybe that tea cup can be yours.
[email protected]

TheTeaFairy

Haha! Yyz you are so sweet!! I can’t seem to get that cup out of my mind :-)

MzPriss

I really love that cup. So pretty! Love the contrast of it.

TheTeaFairy

Looks like minty frosting :-)

MzPriss

Yes, all cool and minty and then the more rustic clay. It’s sweet.

MzPriss

DAMMIT! I just looked at all of the “Tea Hardware” which is an odd thing to call it. I now need about 10 things from there. How did this go from me enabling you to me trying to justify $17 shipping to myself? How???

TheTeaFairy

Read yyz’s comment above…she’s the sweetheart who pointed me in their direction :-)

yyz

It is really pretty. He has some pretty nice teaware. Epacket is for up to 2 kg. If the shipping is a lot cheaper a tea tray for 15.00 is looking reasonable right now too.

MzPriss

GAH! I just keep finding things – there are lotus cups and cute gaiwans and teapets. I even want to get a present for Awkward Soul because there is the MOST adorable little owl cup.

TheTeaFairy

Yes, I guess the low cost of items absorbs the shipping costs…

TheTeaFairy

Hehe…did you see the blue lotus cup? And the little piggy pet?

MzPriss

YES AND YES!!!!!!! The laughing piggie on its back? And the lions playing with the ball? And yes! They are so reasonably priced that the shipping might be starting to make sense. Epacket would be better though?

MzPriss

OH and a wee small CHEAP tea tray for my work tray that I was just saying yesterday I needed?

TheTeaFairy

No, did not see that one…that would be great!

yyz

Its true, once you start thinking about a few things the price isn’t so bad.

MzPriss

Except – when I added all the items and I wanted and estimated shipping to Texas – I had TWO choices $40 or $60 in shipping. Um, what?

yyz

It goes up with weight. That’s why I started thinking about epacket. The prices for China post go up after 150g. Given epacket ends at 2 kg you may need to break up the order.

yyz

Actually its 50g for small packet, and then increases again significantly over 1 kg

yyz

Epacket rates look to be under 11 dollars for 2kg Max to the US but I’m not sure of what handling fees the seller would add on.

I need to figure it out. Because I WANT those things

Garret

This post just made me want to get a cowboy hat! So wonderful. Great to see you all on here. Life is such a gift – smiles and laughter make it all the sweeter!

TheTeaFairy Garret, I have a tendency of “naming” my favourite teas and love this mao cha and its original name, and again, sorry for that :-o

(But get the hat!!!)

Sarsonator

I don’t know exactly how HOTOT became hot cowboy, but whatever!

TTF: that cup is gorgeous!!!! Love it. Am I supposed to be enabling you or not enabling you currently?

HoneyBelle: those lotus cups are gorgeous. Not sure which one you liked, but they are all pretty.

I see several things I could use. If you guys find a better shipping option, let me know. I am taking a break for awhile, but I still have a wishlist!

yyz

I’m waiting until the 28th when he comes back. Hopefully then I’ll find out the cost of 25g of their dark teas and have an idea of shipping rates. I’m tempted by too many things there. The good thing about time is it gives me time to edit.

Sarsonator

The prices are just amazing, and there’s a great variety. Let us know what you find out, yyz :)

Comments

Clint

TheTeaFairy

I’m still using my silly nut pick! I’m getting a knife and a pick today.

Also, I’m going crazy over this tiny thing:

TheTeaFairy

Haha! And good morning to you :-)
(Shipping is $17 BTW!!)

(I just sent you a pm)

[email protected]

TheTeaFairy

Haha! Yyz you are so sweet!! I can’t seem to get that cup out of my mind :-)

MzPriss

I really love that cup. So pretty! Love the contrast of it.

TheTeaFairy

Looks like minty frosting :-)

MzPriss

Yes, all cool and minty and then the more rustic clay. It’s sweet.

TheTeaFairy

Yes, I guess the low cost of items absorbs the shipping costs…

TheTeaFairy

Hehe…did you see the blue lotus cup? And the little piggy pet?

TheTeaFairy

No, did not see that one…that would be great!

yyz

Its true, once you start thinking about a few things the price isn’t so bad.

I need to figure it out. Because I WANT those things

Garret

(But get the hat!!!)

Sarsonator

I don’t know exactly how HOTOT became hot cowboy, but whatever!

Sarsonator

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada