I don’t think I’ve ever had such a fruity oolong before. This is amazing.

I thought I would be able to identify cinnamon notes, but quite frankly, my taste buds don’t seem to pick up cinnamon much at all.

What I do get is lots of apple and peach. Oh, this is oven baked apple and peach cobbler with honey drizzle!

It’s lightly roasted and nutty, smooth, sweet and creamy, no astringency present at all.

I also get a faint earthiness mixed with some minerals…not strong minerals like from a giant rock or something, very gentle…like pebble minerals :-)

I really like this…pure oolong awesomeness.

Thank you so much Garret for this generous sample…

I love that your samples are always large enough to brew gongfu style.

Sarsonator

Oh my… this sounds just yummy! Love the review!

TheTeaFairy

Thanks Sars…I think I may need some of this in the cupboard…sigh.

Dexter

Awesome!!! Really happy that you enjoyed it, and really happy that it’s more apple, peach than cinnamon. This was the sample that I asked for with the order I received today!!!

mj

This does sound amazing! You always sell me on the teas you review though :), except the greens…but that’s not your fault!

TheTeaFairy

Dex, how funny that we both requested the same sample! I can’t wait to have your impressions. I’m surprised I did not get cinnamon…but I don’t care, that apple taste is so good and juicy.

Mj, lol, I know you haven’t crossed to the green side yet :-)

Dexter

Fairy – how did you steep this? Did you gongfu it or did you western brew it? Parameters?

Dexter

Is ok mj – stay with us over here on the dark side – that green stuff is scary. ;))

TheTeaFairy

Gongfu gaiwan. 4 oz water and it was perfect. Now I don’t remember how long, but I think I did 20s, 30, 60, 90, and then lost track. I’m terrible with that, sorry. Did about 6 steeps. Are you trying tonight?

Dark siiiiiide. We don’t drink grass here! :p

TheTeaFairy

Lol, if you don’t drink it, what do you do with it? (Innocent face)

Mow it? :p

mj

You don’t know the power of the Dark Side. I must obey my master.

TheTeaFairy

I’m an imposter…I play both sides, and I,m loving every minute of it….cause I want ALL THE TEA!!!!

Dexter

I’m going to go the other way and western steep it in my yixing mug. I’m going to use about half the sample and do about 3-4 minutes – see if that gives a different flavor profile. Will be back….. (if I drink this tonight I don’t need to enter it into my spreadsheet)

TheTeaFairy

Lol you know you’re addicted to tea when….?

Dexter

LOL You know you are overwhelmed with tea when….
(How am I suppose to enter "from my personal stash 2006 ripe from Yong De area?)

The joy of spreadsheets :-o

Dexter

OHHHH I found cinnamon…. this is odd – good but strange….

Yay, you found it!

i love that dexter really does have to “find” her teas…

Cheri

I’m with you, TTF. I like both the dark and the light side. The dark is new for me, though.

This sounds really good

TheTeaFairy

Krystal, it is hard to find a Mandala tea that isn’t!

I found one once!

No wait. That was something else. Nevermind. :p

See??? Lol.

Yes I am just finding this out now Tea Fairy! But bettet late than never

Better*

Comments

Sarsonator

Oh my… this sounds just yummy! Love the review!

TheTeaFairy

Thanks Sars…I think I may need some of this in the cupboard…sigh.

TheTeaFairy

Mj, lol, I know you haven’t crossed to the green side yet :-)

Dark siiiiiide. We don’t drink grass here! :p

TheTeaFairy

Lol, if you don’t drink it, what do you do with it? (Innocent face)

Mow it? :p

mj

You don’t know the power of the Dark Side. I must obey my master.

TheTeaFairy

Lol you know you’re addicted to tea when….?

Dexter

LOL You know you are overwhelmed with tea when….

The joy of spreadsheets :-o

Dexter

OHHHH I found cinnamon…. this is odd – good but strange….

Yay, you found it!

i love that dexter really does have to “find” her teas…

Cheri

This sounds really good

TheTeaFairy

Krystal, it is hard to find a Mandala tea that isn’t!

I found one once!

No wait. That was something else. Nevermind. :p

See??? Lol.

Yes I am just finding this out now Tea Fairy! But bettet late than never

Better*

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada