Ok, so this is my first review on Steepster!! So happy I found this communi-Tea!

Davidstea Rhum au Beurre (the french name) is one of my favourite! Its rich taste does exactly what the name leads you to believe it will: bring comfort in your cup :o)

When you open the bag and let your nostrils take it in, the first thing that comes to mind is: will this really hold up in the taste department, or is disappointment right around the corner?

Amazingly, all the distinct flavors come through, your taste buds will clearly identify the rum and the butter, you’ll also be a able to grasp hints of coconut and vanilla here and there… Be prepared for the boldness of this luxurious black tea, stay away if your not crazy about flavoured teas cause this one hits hard!

I steep it for 5 min out of the 6 minutes max recommended and steep it again 6 min. for a second cup and still get a lot of flavor… Enjoy!
politicalmachine

i believe the french and english versions are the same, it’s more a difference of the label :)

TheTeaFairy

Thanks politicalmachine, yes I do know that the product is the same, for some reason I just prefer saying «rhum au beurre» :o)

Comments

politicalmachine

TheTeaFairy

Time to update this profile of mine…it’s 2015!!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect :-/

My relationship with tea in a nutshell:

I’m married to straight Black. I have torrid love affairs with Oolong and Puerh. I party with Green and White occasionally. Flavored are not my BFF, I usually stay away from them.

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others.

About me:

I am a free spirit, I let people be who they are and expect the same in return.

Books! I love classic literature, but also modern and pretty much anything that captures my attention.

Music is also something I can’t live without… From Bach to Nirvana, my ears know no boundaries…

Animal and nature lover, amateur photographer.

I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember.

Not a big «swapper», but will occasionally. Not because I don’t want to share but because I’m trying not to hoard so much.

Also, I have narrowed down the teas I really like over the years, and I don’t feel the need to try and buy everything the way I used to. (Maybe I have become a tea snob? Sigh…)

My ratings: because I pretty much drink only teas that I judge exceptional, my ratings are usually high. Don’t be shocked to see lots of 90’s and a few 100’s. That’s because I’ve had my share of crapy teas and I’m done with that ;-)

You can find me on Instagram here, I post about my tea sessions mostly, but also about the beautiful nature that surrounds me, and my fury companions :-)

The Laurentians, Canada