drank Santa's Secret by DAVIDsTEA

I want to apologize to all the people on Steepster…I’ve been a member for about 9 months now and all your comments and logs have helped me make choices on trying new teas… Unfortunately, I realize I haven’t been contributing much, it seems I never find the time to write…but this is all about to change, I’m prepared to do some serious tea logs in the next few days..(x-mas vacation!)

So I feel the urge of trying new teas…what are my options?
Mr. Right happens to work next to a David’s tea in Montreal… Coincidence? I think not, I don’t call him Mr. Right for nothing!
We live on the north shore, about 45 min drive from Mtl, so I’m no where near a David’s store. But Mr. Right drives there every day, so why not take advantage just a little?

Option 1: ordering from internet, it has it’s perks, free samples… but if I want to go on a shopping spree (wich I always end up doing with my tea shopping), I am restricted to 50gr bags and the wallet suffers way too much.

So Wednesday morning, I choose Option 2: ask Mr. Right in a desperate fashion: Honey, do you think you could drop this list at David’s on your way to work today and pick up the order before coming home??? Here’s «THE list»:

«The Steeper» Infuser (got to try it, looks like the perfect infuser!)
Santa’s Secret 100 gr (will it be enough?)
Glitter & Gold 50gr (perfect X-Mas treat!)
Fantasy Island 25gr (if it’s back from the dead, it must be really good!)
Checkmate 25gr (good enough for 25)
Green mate 25gr (I will try based on someone’s review, and it’s so cheap I can get 25, no risk)
Jungle Juju 25gr (just ran out)
Kanpe 25gr (just in case it disappears…here comes my insecurity again)

… and the 10 gr trials, the ones I will crave until he gets back home tonight:

Chocolate Chili Chai
Cherry Blossom
Quangzhou Milk Oolong
Mint Chocolate Rooibos
Swampwater (turns out it’s available only online )

Mr. Right’s response after a quick glance at the list: Are you mad, woman??? How many teas in this house already?

My response: Mmm…let’s see….ok…mmm…let me think…(I know damn well what the correct answer is: way too much tea in this house!! But I’m not about to let him know I KNOW that!)

My darling, you know when you tell me I should find ways to relax more cause I’m a pack-o-nerves, well this is it…this is what works for me, aren’t you happy I listen to what you tell me? (reverse psychology always comes handy, in addition, I give him my prettiest smile, raising eyebrows, blinking eyes just a little, wishing I had those eyelash extensions to make the moment even more dramatic…)
Mr Right looks at me, puzzled (this is not a rare look) gives me a goodbye kiss, and…takes the list off my hand… Sweet victory, I know Chistmas is coming early, cause tonight, I will get my stash!!!

People, this story could be yours, don’t underestimate what tea addiction is… The end (for now!)

P.S. When Mr. Right came home, I was like a child waiting at the door. He knows how childish I can be, so he played along and pretended he didn’t have time to pick up the order. I just adore him!

So here’s my review fort Santa’s secret: Yum, yum, yum. And more yum.
A friend gave me sample to try last week at work, and I knew at the first sip I was going for a 100gr with this one. It’s a perfect blend and so well balanced, I think it would please even the non-peppermint lovers. The mint is there, but the sweetness of this mix tones it down. It is similar to read my lips, but the fact that the chocolate is missing makes it more subtle. I can’t really find the cinnamon and clove, so if you’re not a spice fan, don’t let the description scare you, it’s hardly there.
I find the second steep less appealing, the mint taste is gone and you are left with a week plain black tea.
A must have, too bad it’s not permanent!

TassieTeaGirl

Love the post! I think my boyfriend makes a similar face to your other half when I show him my order list, but then when the tea arrives I get him hooked on something, and the face goes away!

TheTeaFairy

Hahaha! so true, when I open my bags and start smelling them, the “ummmm’s” and the “haaaaa’s” always capture his attention and he starts picking favorites with me :)

TassieTeaGirl

We did a communal tea smelling and started the tasting today after my order arrived yesterday. I think I’m going to have to put the Daydreamer and Gold Rush in a locked box somewhere, his eyes got that delighted evil look in them upon first sip!

Ysaurella

J’adore cette note :)

TheTeaFairy

Merci Ysaurella, j’oubliais à quel point j’aime ce thé! Avec la température froide qui revient ici au Québec, je devrai m’en refaire une provision!

Amariel

Love this review! I am learning some tactics from you. :P Is there supposed to be spice in this one? It is not listed in the ingredients. I cannot taste it, even if it is. I liked this one, I had it today.

TheTeaFairy

Heather, I wrote this review a while ago, but I still don’t hesitate to use «tactics» whenever it’s required! DT used to list cinnamon and clove in the ingredient list. I see they now write «spices» only, and it’s in the tea description, not listed as ingredients. I never noticed them anyways…

Comments

TassieTeaGirl

Ysaurella

J’adore cette note :)

Amariel

TheTeaFairy

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada