drank OH LA LA OOLONG by Tealish

Tea no.1 of Tealish experiment:

I have decided to revisit some Tealish teas that I have purchased last spring. I will log them as I taste them. I feel they were never given a fair chance, as I am so hooked on David’s teas, I have basically neglected all «The Others». So the first bag I picked out of the hat is: Oh La La Oolong.

I’m a big fan of oolong, and though I am no expert, I can assure you the star in this tea is definitely NOT oolong. In fact, if this would have been a blind test, I would have guessed black tea for sure. I know oolong is a cross between black and green, so there must be different stages of oxidization, that might explain it. Having said that, the thing I love about oolong, is the delicateness of it and yet, so tasty at the same time. I find nothing of that here.

It tastes like a fruity black tea, nothing exceptional about it. Maybe that’s why it wasn’t even posted on Steepster, «very forgettable» as Simon Cowell would say. Don’t get me wrong though, it’s not a waste of money, there is no bad taste here, it’s just too plain and not what I expect from oolong.

So which one is next? …I’m picking again from the hat…let’s see… Queen West Blend! I hope the experiment will be more pleasant this time around, it better be cause I don’t know how long I can stay away from my David’s stash!!!!