drank Patisserie by Tealish

Tea no.5 of the Tealish experiment:

After this one, I will have 4 more Tealish teas to review from my collection.

I did enjoy this one, it is a decent black tea, the flavor is more nutty than spicy. As to being called “Patissery” I’m not quite sure. Maybe it has to do with my imagination. When I read a description, I know it can’t be spot on all the time, these tea companies do have to sell, and what better way to advertise than a line like this:  «Like walking to a bakery in Paris». I understand that a tea can’t really taste  «Like walking to a bakery in Paris» but if you’re gonna use a line as powerful as this one, you better have the chops to back it up!  The description does create some kind of expectation and I was expecting something Paris somewhere!

It does nothing Paris for me. I miss the buttery fresh baked cookie I was expexcting from it. DaisyChubb’s comment about her taco seasoning made me laugh and I must say It did scare me before I had my first sip. After all, how often do you have cumin and coriander in your beverage? But in all fairness, they did not spoil it, I can barely detect them. It,s not listed, but I find some cardamom notes along with the peppercorn. Mostly, I would recommend it for nutty flavored tea lovers.

Overall, not a bad tea.

My next Tealish tasting testing: Sweetie Pie (more of the same? Gee, I must have been craving sugar a lot when I placed this order!!!)

DaisyChubb

I’m glad you enjoyed it!!! haha my only hope is that my review doesn’t convince someone that it tastes like something it doesn’t :)

TheTeaFairy

Ohh! I would not worry about that, your review was just fine :) And if they don’t try it because of that, it won’t be a big loss, this tea is good but not spectacular.. I too put some of those ingredients in my tacos! I find it amusing how different the same tea might be perceived from one person to another:) Your blend must have been spicier than mine… cheers!