drank Nepal Black by DAVIDsTEA

This is a tea I always keep around.. it’s one of those that you know you will enjoy no matter what the occasion is.

I’m a big fan of flavored teas, but obviously the true essence of tea is in it’s bare leaves, so «au naturel» is something I feel I must go to from time to time. I will not pretend I am an expert at this, cause I’m not. The world of tea is so complex and fascinating, I learn something new everyday! I am slowly educating myself and trying unflavored teas more and more.

What never ceases to amaze me is to find hints and notes that are naturally there. This tea is an excellent example of that. The sweet honey is easily identifiable, hard to believe that no sugar was added. It’s malty but not too much. It’s a bit astringent, but not too much even if steeped a little too long.

For my taste, the flavors peak when it starts cooling. I like it just slightly warm, not hot. After steeping it, I wait a good 5 minutes before I drink it. I then experience it in a whole other way, with more nuances and fuller body. The sweetness arrives at the end, so it completely takes away whatever astringency or bitterness that might be there.

Definitely one of my favorite black tea!

Uniquity

Hmm, I usually wait at least five minutes before drinking so I don’t burn my tongue. Now I wonder what the rest of the world does? : )

TheTeaFairy

hahaha!! I guess I have a tongue of steel :)

Comments

Uniquity

TheTeaFairy

hahaha!! I guess I have a tongue of steel :)

Time to update this profile of mine…it’s 2015!!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect :-/

My relationship with tea in a nutshell:

I’m married to straight Black. I have torrid love affairs with Oolong and Puerh. I party with Green and White occasionally. Flavored are not my BFF, I usually stay away from them.

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others.

About me:

I am a free spirit, I let people be who they are and expect the same in return.

Books! I love classic literature, but also modern and pretty much anything that captures my attention.

Music is also something I can’t live without… From Bach to Nirvana, my ears know no boundaries…

Animal and nature lover, amateur photographer.

I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember.

Not a big «swapper», but will occasionally. Not because I don’t want to share but because I’m trying not to hoard so much.

Also, I have narrowed down the teas I really like over the years, and I don’t feel the need to try and buy everything the way I used to. (Maybe I have become a tea snob? Sigh…)

My ratings: because I pretty much drink only teas that I judge exceptional, my ratings are usually high. Don’t be shocked to see lots of 90’s and a few 100’s. That’s because I’ve had my share of crapy teas and I’m done with that ;-)

You can find me on Instagram here, I post about my tea sessions mostly, but also about the beautiful nature that surrounds me, and my fury companions :-)

The Laurentians, Canada