WARNING: I do realize that Steepster is not a place to blog about dogs, but I do have to tell this TRUE story.

Earlier today, I came back from a very long walk with The serial killer of my life, a 2 year old male Doberman ACTING as a serial killer, whenever he feels I need protection. When he’s not acting, he goes back to being his natural self, Bambi trapped in a large canine’s body!

Time for something hot, damn, it’s cold and windy outside! OK, so as usual, the Dobe sits next to me during tea ceremonial. As I’m about to spoon out some tea out of the tin, the phone rings and I just leave everything on the counter as I go answer. The Dobe is a well trained animal, with good manners in the kitchen, that’s why he’s allowed in there. He’s obedient and behaves around food, even when the most mouthwatering roasted chicken is put on the table.

You’re probably guessing what happens next: I get back in the kitchen and the tin is gone. I look at the Dobe, he’s now lying down and he’s got a bad case of «funny ears face». Whenever he’s done something wrong, his ears take a weird position, I call it the Pinocchio alert. He pretends everything is OK, but the ears tell a different story…

I’ve learned over time that Dobermans are rather fancy, never messy. If they have to misbehave, they usually do it in the most neatly possible way. So I ask: what have you done? where is my tin? I notice some major fidgeting going on. The front legs are crossed, and there’s something underneath, R.I.P. Cholcolate Chili Chai…

So it appears that he managed to eat whatever was left, more or less 25gr, without damaging the tin. Told you he’s a neat freak… aside from the fact that there is one speck of black tea I now see, left on the rim of his right nostril…

Now 2 things come to mind:
1) Is there enough chocolate in there to harm him? (chocolate is poisonous to dogs)
2) It’s called Chocolate CHILI for a reason, how is this stuff gonna come out?

Rationally, I don’t think the amount of chocolate in 25gr of tea will do much to a 100 pound dog. As for the chili, well I guess we’ll both find out in the next couple of hours!!

So I have no choice but to conclude that Chocolate Chili Chai is simply irresistible!

If you are looking for a real dark chocolate taste, this is the one. It’s the most chocolate I’ve ever found in a tea. In fact, I think the word Chai is misleading here. If you’re not a fan of Chai, you should not keep away from this tea. Yes, of course the chilis, anchos and peppercorns are there, but as a complement for the chocolate, providing a wonderful warmth, which turns this infusion almost into a hot coco.

I must say I rarely put milk & sugar in my teas. I made an exception as an experiment. I wanted to see how close I could get to a hot coco by adding milk and some brown sugar. I made a stronger infusion, about 3 full teaspoons for 8oz water, added to 4oz of hot milk. Absolutely delightful! Hot coco minus all the calories!!!

I guess I wont be having any of that tonight…sniff…I came really close though…

Cheryl

Haha, great doggy story : )

TheTeaFairy

Glad you got a laugh out of it :o) I unintentionaly introduced him to my passion for tea, guess I will have to be more careful from now on!

Fairyfli

That is a fantastic story… love your avatar name and pic!

TheTeaFairy

Thank you, great compliment coming from another fairy :o) Just combining the things I love the most: tea, art and fantasy!

ChibiiCherry

I love Dobes and love the story associated with this tea, I’m definitely going to have to try out your trick with milk!

TheTeaFairy

hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Love your kitty cat :o)

Comments

Cheryl

Haha, great doggy story : )

Fairyfli

That is a fantastic story… love your avatar name and pic!

ChibiiCherry

TheTeaFairy

hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Love your kitty cat :o)

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada