drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

The flavor of this one is complex, and it was a little tough for me pick out everything I was experiencing the first time I drank it. Now that I’ve gone through a bag of it, the taste and smell both kind of remind me of biting into freshly baked, still warm bread. I get a mild corn cereal taste out of it, which sugar seemed to bring out even more. Other notes (some from later tastings) remind me of unsalted popcorn, toasted bread, caramel, brown rice, maybe even faint cinnamon? It reminds me more of an oolong than a black. Very smooth with no harshness to speak of. This is something I could see being a staple in my cupboard. As far as sugar is concerned, this is just as good with or without. I think I might like lighter, shorter steeps more, but I am still experimenting…

Rachel J

I’m with you on the lighter, shorter steeps idea. I appreciate the complexity of this tea, but brewed too strongly, I’m just overwhelmed by it and don’t really find it enjoyable.

Comments

Rachel J

California