First time tasting it: The tea base is a little more robust than other rose teas I have tried, and there is also a faint hint of a smokey taste to it for me. The second time I made it, it seemed more mellow, and I did not get any smokey notes. Everything is pretty well balanced on taste and smell. I really like rose mixes for iced teas when the weather is hot, and this is a good option for that.

Lynxiebrat

Smoky in a Lapsang Souchong kind of way? The one LS I had, I DID NOT care for, so if the Rose Congou is kind of like that, probably won’t like it. Generally I adore flower teas, taste and smell wise, particularly rose.

El Monstro

Nah it’s wayyyyy more subtle, in fact when I just had it again after it had sat around and aged a few months I didn’t detect any smokeyness at all. It’s worth a try if you like flowery teas.

Comments

Lynxiebrat

El Monstro