I used to hate green tea. I thought it tasted like dry grass/hay, and sometimes even fishy. Lately though that is changing: I’ve really been enjoying Japanese green teas, including this one.

I realized in a panic it was steeping for too long, and rushed to get the infuser out, but it still tastes good. This is one of the first green teas I’ve had where the steeped liquid is actually pretty green looking. The taste reminds me of other Japanese teas I’ve had, except maybe a little less strong, with the buttery flavors in the forefront, and the grass-like, vegetal flavors more subtle. It also kind of has a mineral-esque taste in the background, not unlike those I get in oolongs sometimes. It has kind of a sweet aftertaste after I’ve been drinking it awhile. Great tea. A little pricey for me for regular drinking though.

California