Tea time! I haven’t had yunnan black tea in far too long (like 2 weeks) so here we go. Smells fresh in the bag, more of a clean, crisp cocoa scent than the usual deeper chocolate I get in yunnans if that makes any sense. Right when the leaves hit boiling water a rich tea aroma was in the air.

Taste: This is surprisingly light and clean on taste and mouthfeel considering how dark it brewed up. I find it has that refreshing classic tea taste for the most part, with a little toastiness. I usually prefer teas like this iced, but it is good hot as well. This one is even better with some sugar. The current price on this is pretty decent, might get it again in the future. On some subsequent tastings, it kind of has a nuttiness that reminds me of some of the fujian teas I’ve tried.