The smell before adding water reminds me of cocoa and pepper. After steeping it smells unique to anything I’ve had thus far, kind of like honey mixed with something roasty… should be interesting to drink. The taste is rich and slightly smoke-like, but in a smoother, more understated way than a lapsang. That peppery spicey note I got on smell also comes through on taste. It also has some minerally notes. This tea kind of reminds me of some of the Indian teas I’ve tried, except this tastes more the way I wish the Indian teas were whenever I’m having them. Surprisingly smooth, creamy mouthfeel compared to some other Keemuns I have tried. Great iced as well.