First of all, great customer service from this company.

Man this tea smells good in the bag, has a very clean, fresh character.

On steeping it has the classic tea scent, yet it also has notes that remind me of pumpkin, honey, brown sugar, and general vegetal scents.

Taste: Not being the biggest fan of Assam teas, I was skeptical before I tried it, but this is the best Assam I’ve had thus far. Actually, this is one of the best teas I’ve had in general. Smooth and malty. A bit of natural sweetness. Just a slight hint of vegetal and mineral notes. Pretty clean finish, although now that I’m done with the cup there is a nice lingering aftertaste that makes me want more.

It doesn’t need sugar, but I made a second steep and added some out of curiosity, and the tea takes on a nice roasted caramel taste.