I was going to take a break from buying tea for awhile, as I have way too much and my kitchen cupboard is overflowing into my room. I’ve been curious about this tea for awhile though, so I ordered some, haha.

In the bag it smells like dark chocolate. Also, the scent is roasty/toasty, and kind of reminds me of laoshan black, but the taste is a bit different.
Steeped western style- 195F at about 30 seconds to a minute. No sweetener.

On taste it reminds me a bit of dark roasted coffee, classic tea flavor, toast, and there also is a nice hint of sweetness that comes through on the aftertaste.

2nd steep – boiling water for a couple of minutes, 1 teaspoon of sugar -
The first steep was good, but this is even better. I don’t know if it was the higher water temp., the sugar, or the longer steeping time, but the flavors are more pronounced this time. Caramel notes peek their way out. Usually I prefer to use lower water temps when brewing, but this tea seems to be an exception.

Finishing the bag (about 200f at 3 minutes), I like a somewhat long steep with pretty high temps, it brings out the natural sweetness in there, and doesn’t seem to get too harsh.

Rachel J

LOL, you need an intervention.

El Monstro

Hopefully someone will bring tea if said intervention happens!