While brewing in the cup this smells like hot rocks/minerals, also vegetal (boiled greens), maybe even like roasted butter? Some floral aroma is in the background. The taste I am getting is basically the same, with the vegetal scents coming through in the fore-front. I have had green teas before that had a buttery taste to them that I am fond of, but this is the first time I have tasted similar notes in an oolong. There is also a slight honeyesque sweetness I am getting on finish. Pretty complex. I like it.