drank Bamboo-Pomelo by TeaGschwendner

I thought this tea would have some green or white tea in it but it doesn’t. The main base is bamboo. I’ve never had a bamboo tea before and it smelled delicious in the bag. Brewed up the aroma reminds me of another tea I’ve had before (probably from Tealux but couldn’t place it). I think it was the combo of lemongrass and blackberry leaves. I could taste a bit of the lemongrass with a spicy edge to it (i’m thinking that’s the blackberry leaves) and a bit of sweetness. There was a nice pear/apple finish taste. So I’m still not sure what bamboo tastes like or if I’m picking it up the tea and don’t know which one is the bamboo. This tea is delicious and an extra bonus is it’s caffeine free. Another choice for an evening tea.

TeaWings

I just tried that stuff over this past weekend, what a neat little tisane!

Ubacat

Yes, too bad it’s a German tea. It must cost a fortune to ship.

MissB

It’s German, however they have a store or two in the US. I think it’s $7 for shipping if you order less than $50 or something, free otherwise? I’ve loved almost everything I’ve grabbed from them, however it’s all 50g or more… and thus why I send out a lot of their stuff for folks to try and see.

This is one of my favorite teas, and I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

Ubacat

I didn’t know that. They do have some interesting blends on their website. I’ll have to keep that in mind for future orders. Thanks for putting the sample in the package. I’m so glad I got to try it!

Comments

TeaWings

I just tried that stuff over this past weekend, what a neat little tisane!

Ubacat

Yes, too bad it’s a German tea. It must cost a fortune to ship.

MissB

This is one of my favorite teas, and I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

Ubacat

I’ve loved tea since I’ve been a kid. Back then it was Old King Cole black tea with milk in it. As the years went by I added in all kinds of teas and moved away from the blacks to more green, white,pu-erh rooibos,& herbal. Just recently I’ve started to enjoy a few blacks again along with oolong. Mostly I would just get my teas from the grocery store, Whole Foods, craft shows with small tea vendors, or when travelling. I did order online from a company years ago but only did the once. It was just in 2013 I joined Steepster and have started some online orders. Love love love Tealux but am hoping to try some different places.

Ontario , Canada