drank Buckwheat Tea by Wang Korea

Out of the 3 buckwheat teas I’ve had so far , this one is at the low end of the scale. There’s a taste in it I can’t describe, that I find really offensive . I love the smell but the taste just doesn’t follow through. It’s also a weak infusion.

Christina

Thanks for taking a bullet for the team, Ubacat! I was seriously considering buying this when I saw it at the store, but that was because of the price. Glad I resisted.

Ubacat

I may have to throw this out it’s so bad but will try a few different infusions before I do. When I smell it dry, I could almost swear it’s a pesticide smell. I don’t think I got that in the first infusion but I had a really short infusion for my first one. This time I made it 5 min. Oh well, I will keep trying buckwheat teas! H&S is the best so far.

yyz

Wierd , mine definitely does not have that, though it isn’t particularly nutty like some of the others. Is it kind of a plasticised smell? Perhaps it from the packaging.

Comments

Christina

Ubacat

yyz

I’ve loved tea since I’ve been a kid. Back then it was Old King Cole black tea with milk in it. As the years went by I added in all kinds of teas and moved away from the blacks to more green, white,pu-erh rooibos,& herbal. Just recently I’ve started to enjoy a few blacks again along with oolong. Mostly I would just get my teas from the grocery store, Whole Foods, craft shows with small tea vendors, or when travelling. I did order online from a company years ago but only did the once. It was just in 2013 I joined Steepster and have started some online orders. Love love love Tealux but am hoping to try some different places.

Ontario , Canada