I love white tea but I rarely ever have it. Why? Because it must be brewed at such low temperatures. I like my tea hot and white tea always cools down too fast. No problem with this tea since it’s a pu’er white. I can brew it at high temperatures and it’s still delicate. This tea does not have any smoke or bitterness. It’s smooth , light, with a fruity apple taste. I’ve been considering what shengs I should order in cake form from Mandala. I had two picked out but this one is very good too. Hard choice!

Flavors: Apple

Stephanie

Nice, I will put this on my “to try” list :)

Garret

I get apple in this, too! Cool. I believe there are only a handful of these cakes left in the storage vault. 5 or 6. I had this pressed when I was there in China in 2012 and went in on the pressing with one of my connections there. Emailing him today to see if he has any of these left in storage. Together we pressed 40kg (400 cakes) on a whim, hence the no label art.

Cheri

Every time someone posts a glowing review of another one of the Mandala shengs, I get even more confused. I need to figure out what to order. Garret, you’re not following me, so I can’t message you to ask for help.

Garret

I will follow you :) But then you must message me :) Email works really well for me, too – garret @ mandalatea.com

Ubacat

Oh no! Only 5 or 6 cakes left!!?? I must make a decision soon then.

Cheri, you need to try the loose shengs first. That’s what I have done. If you’re new to sheng like I am , you might like less smoke and closer to a green/white tea flavour. How the tea makes you feel is also another factor.

Cheri

I’ve had some loose, and some samples from cake. I liked both. I do enjoy the “smoke” flavor, although it just reminds me of smoke, doesn’t truly taste like smoke to me.

I’ve ordered some cakes today; they’ll be here Monday. :-)

Comments

Stephanie

Nice, I will put this on my “to try” list :)

Ubacat

Oh no! Only 5 or 6 cakes left!!?? I must make a decision soon then.

Cheri

I’ve ordered some cakes today; they’ll be here Monday. :-)

I’ve loved tea since I’ve been a kid. Back then it was Old King Cole black tea with milk in it. As the years went by I added in all kinds of teas and moved away from the blacks to more green, white,pu-erh rooibos,& herbal. Just recently I’ve started to enjoy a few blacks again along with oolong. Mostly I would just get my teas from the grocery store, Whole Foods, craft shows with small tea vendors, or when travelling. I did order online from a company years ago but only did the once. It was just in 2013 I joined Steepster and have started some online orders. Love love love Tealux but am hoping to try some different places.

Ontario , Canada