drank Mom's Apple Pie by DAVIDsTEA

Revisiting this in an attempt to clear out some more tea. There is still enough left for 3 or 4 cups of tea, which is sort of annoying because I’m still not super fond. I steeped it at a lower temp this time which helped cut the green tea flavour, but this still isn’t right for me. It is shockingly like an apple pie, but the green tea is blechy and the hint of cinnamon is just not quite right. There is an aftertaste to the sip which I don’t appreciate and actually find hard to describe. It’s almost plasticky or chemically? It almost acts like pie crust taste, but then there is something off about it. I think this one is at it’s best while hot and if I can’t drink it within 15 minutes or so, I should just stay away. Oh well, at least it’ll be over soon! : )

Tina S.

I used mine up by making applesauce with it. It didn’t do much for me as a tea either.

Kittenna

I just placed an order for this… hopefully my taste buds have a different opinion than yours!

Cattibrie

I really liked Mom’s Apple Pie. But it was definately a hot drink not a cold one.

Daniel Scott

Huh, I adored Mom’s Apple Pie, so I’m always surprised by people who dislike it. I barely taste green tea in it, admittedly, but that’s generally a good thing for me.

Uniquity

@Daniel – Trust me, green tea taste is not my friend. I frequently seem to feel nauseous after drinking green tea, so I rarely try it (even inblends).
@Krystaleyn – I had no idea there was stock of it left?? It was a fall tea, wasn’t it? I saw a harvest tin in the boxing day sale at my local DT a few months back, but haven’t seen it since.

Kittenna

Well, I was able to order it off the website (50g), so I’m assuming there was some left! Pretty sure it’s not available in my home store anymore though. Just felt like trying it, although I know I won’t likely be able to restock if I do. The real reason I placed an online order was to get some Swampwater, though, as apparently it is also back in stock, and given how fast Cherry Blossom sold out last time…!

Kay Kanada

I’m actually not surprised that there’s some Mom’s Apple Pie left seeing as how it was not a crowd pleaser…

Daniel Scott

@Uniquity & Kay – I thought it actually sold out at most physical locations a while ago, and is mostly only available online now? I know it sold out in my city weeks ago.

Uniquity

What I was using was from the fall when it came out. It got relegated to the back of the shelf pretty quickly. : )

Comments

Tina S.

Cattibrie

Kay Kanada

Uniquity

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada