I received this sample today as part of Peony Tea’s shipping test. They graciously sent along this one, a puerh and a yellow tea but this is the only one I am familiar with so I thought I would try it out first. The shipping took just under two weeks from Singapore to Canada (which is impressive!) and everything arrived safe and sound. They also included a wooden measuring sppon which I am actually quite enjoying. It feels more like tea ceremony than my typical metal spoon. : )

The dry aroma of this tea was that of a very green oolong, it reminded me of some Tai Guan Yin I have had in the past. Sweet smelling, with a hint of hay or grass. Some sort of plant life. I am at work so I steeped this up western style in my perfect tea mug, resulting in a lightly yellow liquor with a green tinge. Steeped, the aroma reminds me of boiled corn. Mmm – surprisingly appealing, considering my usual tastes (I’m more of a dark oolong or black tea person).

First sips are surprisingly sweet, light with a lingering taste and aroma that I still find reminiscent of peaches and cream corn. There is no bitterness at all, but the flavour stays with you, light though it is. It has a cumulative strength of flavour and makes me want to keep sipping. Very nice! : ) I’m impressed it doesn’t end up tasting too “green” as that can be a real turn-off for me, but this works.

DaisyChubb

That’s exciting! I wonder if mine arrived today too? Sounds like a unique oolong, yum!

Bonnie

Corn and peach yum!

Comments

DaisyChubb

Bonnie

Corn and peach yum!

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada