Tried this one again today with the rest of my sample. This time it was approximately two full teaspoons of tea and 1/3 teaspoon of sugar to cut the bitterness I tasted last time. I get more depth of flavour this way, but it is unfortunately too sweet for me now. I accidentally put a bit more sugar than I meant to, so it’s my own darn fault, but I’m annoyed nonetheless.

On a different note, I received two surprise samples from Della Terra Teas today in a completely new packaging – the new bags are a thick black plastic with absolutely no smell contamination whatsoever! Big thumbs up for improved packaging – it is more plastic, but keeping tea seperate is essential. One of a pumpkin tea which will be drank by the beau (I’m a rare pumpkin hater) but the other has maple in it which I’m excited to try. Thanks Della Terra!

really glad to hear they’ve changed the sample bags. I know i sent them a note about that when i got mine just to see what the large sizes came in, since the sample sizes let the flavours bleed out a lot.

Uniquity

The bag change was a wise move. I’m sure they are more expensive and bad for the earth but they keep the tea clean!

Comments

Uniquity

I’ve been drinking loose tea since 2010 and my tastes have changed a lot over those years. For the last few, I’ve been a fan of unflavoured Chinese blacks and shu puerh. I still drink other things, but that’s where I am.

I live in a rural area with my husband, cat, and soon to be firstborn. I love tea, reading, doctor who, knitting, crosswords, board games, the marvel universe, and lots of other things.

I’m not often rating teas numerically any more but I want to leave this to explain my past ratings:
I try to only log teas once or twice because I drink a lot of the same ones repeatedly. My rating is based on my perception of the tea at first tasting and is adjusted if anything notable occurs in subsequent cups. I may also factor in the price and customer service but try to note that when I can.

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada