drank Matcha Salt by DAVIDsTEA

Picked some of this up yesterday out of curiosity – the smell has a hint of matcha, but I didn’t find that to be present in the taste. I used it on supper last night and it really packs a salt punch – but be careful to use just a little unless you want a very salty meal. It’s neat, but more of a gimmick than a necessity for me, I think.

Well thanks for sharing!

KeenTeaThyme

I wondered about this – thanks for the review!

Cedes

Oh darn, I was hoping it would be amazing!

DaisyChubb

I might get it anyways just because I need a good coarse salt for things like pretzels or soft caramels – I might just have to add a bit more plain matcha too ;) Thanks for the review!

Bonnie

I think this would be useful for cooking and dusting things with. I saw some chocolates with matcha inn them that were then dusted all over with matcha powder. So, the idea of something sweet dusted with the salty matcha or something like that would be a culinary use. A straight shot might be way too much salt.

Mélissa

You can also make your own by mixing matcha and himalayan sea salt/ fleur de sel. Yum!

Bonnie

I just bought some from Cube in L.A. that taste’s better than most fleur de sel’s I’ve had. Still, salt….for drinking….I’d only use it for culinary use even as matcha.

Uniquity

@Bonnie, I understand it to be marketed only for cooking. No-one would want to drink this – although apparently my fiancee thought that was the intention at first! : )

Azzrian

I want some!

Mélissa

It would be a risky move from David’s to start selling tea confections and jelly at their stores, but I’d love them to.

Comments

Well thanks for sharing!

KeenTeaThyme

I wondered about this – thanks for the review!

Cedes

Oh darn, I was hoping it would be amazing!

DaisyChubb

Uniquity

Azzrian

I want some!

Mélissa

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada