80 degrees, three minutes steep. The beau made this one for us (after accidentally steeping Teavivre’s Keemun Hao Ya for 20 minutes, hah!) so I didn’t get to smell it beforehand. His sense of panic when he oversteeped the keemun was hilarious. I had to point out that there is plenty of other tea in our house if he wants some.

The steeped aroma reminds me of sweetened boiled apples – like homemade applesauce with no cinnamon and too much sugar. Actually, really appealing. I don’t tend to like green tea and I have been on the hunt for the perfect apple tea for two years. Do we have a contender?

First sips are light on flavour – no green tea, but there is something appley. Tastes more like green apple jelly bellies than applesauce though. Though I LOVE Jelly Bellies, that means the flavour is coming aross as artificial to me. Good, but artificial.

As I keep drinking, I get a bit of the bubblegum flavour I tend to get from DT’s newer flavoured blends. It does happen to taste exactly like a green apple jelly belly though! Won’t have any trouble finishing the sample I purchased, but I don’t anticipate a rebuy. I might like to see a bit of sour apple in there somewhere to cut the artificial sweetness. Yummy, but too standard. If I were just starting out in tea, I would probably fall for this, but I’ve been around the tea block too many times. : )

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada