drank Perfect Pear by DAVIDsTEA

I like pears. This doesn’t smell like pears…It smells like bubblegum with some sharp fake pear on the end. The “pearness” is reminiscent of a jelly belly rather than a real pear (bosc or otherwise!) The bubblegum smell is starting to really make me mad, I have experienced it in so many of the DT blends from the last year.

Steeped five minutes or so, warm yellow colour, reminiscent of a pale ale. The taste doesn’t match the aroma, but like some of the others, I get more tart apple than sweet pear. If I even got tart pear I’d be okay with it, but I don’t get pear at all. There is a creamy sweetness at the back of the sip that I think is the vanilla – it’s not a bad blend and I’m not getting bubblegum anymore, I just think it’s misleading to call this Perfect Pear.

Actually, as an apple tea it’s quite nice. I almost wish that vanilla weren’t there though. It’s not quite working for me.

Daniella T

I agree with you, David’s has a lot that smell like Bubblegum. I think Orange Blossom, Whiskey White and Persian Apple all have that bubblegum smell… it’s weird

TheKesser

I noticed that bubblegum smell with one of their teas also, but I can’t remember which one…
I’ve got a sample of this one that I’ve been putting off trying ‘cause I don’t care for pears at all, but now I might just have to try it and see how I feel, especially if you weren’t getting much pear from it.

Comments

Daniella T

TheKesser

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada