Not sure when I bought this one but the beau and I are brewing it up today. At first I thought it was an herbal, but apparently there is a bit of white tea in there somewhere. Tea is the 5th ingredient listed though, so it can’t be much! For Davids to charge $11.75/50 g for a glorified herbal is kind of outrageous, and helps explain why I only bought 10 grams. I like Davids in general but that is just ridiculous.

All 10 of those grams steeped in our pot for about 4 minutes in 90 degree water. The resulting brew is pink from the hibby and rosehips though the aroma is sweet, like the brown sugar crust on an apple crisp. I’m not necessarily picking up rhubarb or strawberry in the aroma, but crumble is there for sure. That’s actually pretty impressive. I’m picking up some serious cinnamon which is worrying but this blend also has rock sugar in it so I am hoping the cinnamon, hibby and sugar balance each other out.

This smells much better than the strawberry rhubarb parfait from Davids that I had over Christmas…The cost is still bothering me, but the smell is divine. First sips are sweetened cinnamon, hint of fruit and then smooth sugar, like I’m eating rock candy. Well, I guess I kind of am. There is a build-uip of sweetness and pastry which I really like but I’m not getting the fruit like I might hope. I love strawberries and always want strawberrty tea to hit me over the head. This doesn’t do that, but it does a very good sweet fruity crumble. I’m not picking up any white tea, but that’s to be expected with the ingredients this has.

In the end I definitely can’t get over the cost (for shame!) but this is really nice. Flavour is a 70 – 75 but cost to flavour is closer to a 30. Glad to have tried it but I definitely won’t be getting more.

As the cup cools the hibby starts taking over so I shall take my leave and finish the rest of the cup. The beau is playing the God of War Ascension demo and I am considering some Just Dance 4 when he is finished. I love the dancy games, but this one is really rocking my socks. I have goals to accomplish, I love that sort of thing!

TheTeaFairy

That’s funny, Trying to clean my cupboard, I am having at this very moment whatever was left of the 15gr pouch I also bought I don’t remember when! Not a fan, definiltly won’t be missed… My other half swears by God of War! Glad you mentioned Just Dance, I’m looking for a dance kind of workout game, and there are so many out there, I didn’t know where to begin, I will check it out :-)

Uniquity

Just Dance 4 is the newest one and if the songs appeal to you, I definitely recommend it. I have it for the Wii and it just uses the WiiMote. There is a workour mode called Just Sweat as well as general dancing mode. Before this I had Just Dance 2 and just Dance Abba but I like the newest one best for recognition of my moves, etc.

Uniquity- Stacy will have a strawberry rhubarb pie tea soooooon lol if you enjoy that flavour combo

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Uniquity

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada