drank Strawberry Cheesecake by Custom

Well, after seeing so many posts from people ordering and loving Red Leaf Tea’s matcha, I decided to do some more experimentation with the flavours I have. I got the caramel and loved it, but the other three (strawberry, cheesecake and cookies and cream) have all tasted TERRIBLE to me. I don’t know what makes my taste buds so different but I just do not like RLT’s flavoured matcha.

Anyway, I took some of my (admittedly old) matchas and mixed them in cold water today. I went with cold to avoid potential bitterness as a lot of people have recommended it to me as an alternative to hot matcha. I used about 1/2 tsp of cheesecake as I found it to be very light and 1/4 tsp of strawberry as that is a roundhouse kick to the face.

I tried to build a froth but that doesn’t really work with old matcha and cold water so I gave in and started sipping. It smells like fake strawberry soap and bubble bath which is the issue I’ve had with strawberry all along. The taste is yummy for about 1.5 seconds and then it is all strawberry bubble bath. There is no way I am finishing this. I think the beau needs to use up the remains of our matchas and I need to accept that I just don’t like it. Ugh.

ashmanra

Oh noes! I am sorry you don’t like it! I liked the strawberry and cheesecake both, but admittedly I am putting them in lattes and smoothies. I have a couple of flavors that I don’t adore that I am going to offer to my daughter.

MegWesley

Well, look on the bright side. If you loved every matcha from Red Leaf then you wouldn’t enjoy your favorites as much!

ashmanra

And we would be absolutely broke!

ashmanra

My daughter LOVES pumpkin pie matcha and liked mocha okay, but has disliked all the others I gave her to try.

MegWesley

It is really fun trying to sample them all though. Especially when new flavors keep getting added. It feels like a game!

Comments

ashmanra

ashmanra

And we would be absolutely broke!

MegWesley

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada