drank Ruby Pie by Butiki Teas

Another from my recent Butiki order. This one smells AMAZING in the bag. Seriously one of the best smelling teas I have had the pleasure to smell in a while. I get some sharp sweet fruit notes that almost tickle my nose but I am loving it. Smells more like candy than fruit, but if it’s to mimic pie that makes sense too as pies tend to be loaded with sugar.

Boiling water, 3 minutes. The steeped aroma is indistinct sweet berry with some cinnamon. I think the cinnamon is what I was I was picking up on as sharp in the dry leaf. This aroma is completely different, but still delicious. First sips yield sweet creamy berry flavours with a soft cinnamon smell mixed in. The taste really lingers after the sip and builds as you get further in the cup.

Nothing really screams pie crust here for me, but there is something tempering the sweetness and the spice. It’s creamy, almost like strawberry pie with vanilla ice cream melted on top (minus the crust). So pie filling. :) As the cup cools I get a bit of astringency developing, but it isn’t too much. I really like this one, I just need to remember to drink it quickly to maximize on all those gorgeous flavours. While I don’t turn to flavoured teas very often anymore, this is one that is worth having on hand. Very VERY nice.

Angrboda

Hey, we must have been drinking this at almost exactly the same time!

Uniquity

That’s really neat, actually! I wonder who else might have been sharing in on our accidental tea party. My hubby had some, though he seems to have had the same reaction to it as you did. He told me to take it to work, hah!

Comments

Angrboda

Hey, we must have been drinking this at almost exactly the same time!

Uniquity

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada