drank Pink Lemonade by DAVIDsTEA

Follow up on my first note. Hot, this is extremely dissatisfying and way too sweet. The beau made up a pitcher yesterday of cold brew iced tea though, with equal parts of this and lemon myrtle. This way, it is actually really tasty and does remind me of pink lemonade. The lemon myrtle increases the lemon flavour and helps to drown out the sickening sweetness. We had it in the fridge for about 12 hours and the hibiscus didn’t take over but there was a tart edge from the myrtle and the hib. This is a much better way to use this up. I don’t really like iced tea a whole lot (I prefer water) but this is a definite improvement and the way to use up the rest of it, for sure.

Iced, this could be a 75 (would be higher if I didn’t have to mess with it so much to make it drinkable. Why is there so much sweetness?!?!?!)

Nxtdoor

Hah. I made a pitcher of this too this morning. I shouldn’t tell you that I added sugar to my pitcher, should I? But we pour it over ice and it gets nice. I also combine two steeps in the pitcher. I make half a pitcher with the first steep and the other half gets the second steep on top. Works for us.

Uniquity

I’m super aware of sugar in my drinks as I drink mainly water and tea with no additives. When I occasionally have a pop or a juice or tea with sugar it really smacks me in the face! The cold steep also seems to stop a lot of the sugar from mixing in, which I like.

Cavocorax

I think drinking it hot would make me think of Neo-Citran. So I’m not going to try it.

MooKiwi

The mixture of Pink Lemonade and Lemon Myrtle sounds great and is definitely something I will be excited to try iced this summer! Cavocorax- I completely agree with you and I am not at all a fan of the taste of Neo-Citran (Tastes like medicine) so I don’t think I would like this or many of the other lemon teas warm for that reason!

Comments

Nxtdoor

Uniquity

Cavocorax

MooKiwi

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada