Yes, I still have some of this left. Yes, it’s gotta be two years old. Yes, it still smells amazing in the bag, and even better steeped. The aroma reminds me mostly of Laoshan Black with rich cocoa notes and a big yummy smell that wraps you up and reads you a book while you listen to something awesome on vinyl in the background. Wait, that’s what I wish was happening.

Honestly, I was scared of this for a long time because it contains some puerh. I know and love the LB and the Yunnan and the big Red Robe, but that puerh was just scary. Now I am diving into the world of pu and trying to learn to like it – because man do I ever want to like it.

In this blend, I find it takes a backseat to the black teas. The yunnan and the LB make a tag team that dominates the pu and oolong and leaves you with delicious honey sweetened cocoa that is smooth and drinkable the whole way through. No bitterness, no astringency, and nothing but good feelings. This was nothing to fear – now I am only dissappointed that it isn’t available any longer. It works well western style, but I think it would shine with a gong fu session in my gaiwan.

The end of the sip is really developing more and more big red robe flavours. It seems to hide under the other bold teas and then when they burn out you get the oolong. Very nice! As it cools, I think I am starting to get more of the pu but I don’t remember ever trying this particular pu on it’s own so I can’t tell if it is taking over or if the melding of the other awesome teas is just turning into something bigger and better.

The pu definitely takes over as it cools and you know what? I don’t mind. It is a totally different taste experience from the start but it is good the whole way through. Extremely interesting.

It’s like the Hulk. Only I didn’t make it angry.

Terri HarpLady

I loved this one, & hoarded it for months! It was my first introduction to puer as well, & I finally drank the last of it not so long go myself, & I keep hoping Verdant will come up with another similar blend. I know they don’t have all the same teas on their shelves, but I’m sure they could create something similar, or at least similarly delicious! :D

Bonnie

I make something like it using the winter blend, laoshan black and a small piece of bready Puerh. (a cedar wood flavored pu wouldn’t be as good as a bakery bread tasting one). Comes close to our old favorite.

CHAroma

I wish they would bring this one back.

Lily Duckler

I agree- I want to bring this back! I am passing this along to David, for sure. We’ve just been waiting for the right shu pu’er and yunnan, but now that a new shu from Master Han arrived yesterday :D, I think there will definitely be an Imperial Breakfast in the works!

Uniquity

Well this is an exciting development. it’s excellent to have companies tailor their offerings to your feedback! :)

Yay Lily!!!
I can’t wait!

Bonnie

Yippie…Lily is our new Wonder Woman!

CHAroma

My wish has been granted! LOL! Thanks, Lily!! :)

Rellybob

Add me to the list of people excited to get this back!!

JustJames

oooh, haven’t tried this one yet!

Comments

Terri HarpLady

CHAroma

I wish they would bring this one back.

Lily Duckler

Uniquity

Yay Lily!!!
I can’t wait!

Bonnie

Yippie…Lily is our new Wonder Woman!

CHAroma

My wish has been granted! LOL! Thanks, Lily!! :)

Rellybob

Add me to the list of people excited to get this back!!

JustJames

oooh, haven’t tried this one yet!

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada