This is one I picked up a month or two ago but somehow never logged. Then last night my computer shut down and I lost my note in progress. Clearly it’s not meant to be.

In the bag, this has a very strong pungent smell that for me almost borders on unpleasant but never quite makes it there. It is cocoa and malt with something sharp that tickles your nose. Steeped, it is definitely bold but not quite as IN YO’ FACE as the initial aroma leads you to.

Instead, it is cocoa-y and smooth, with a lot of malt or wheat flavour that makes it easy drinking. No bitterness, no astringency, nothing to make me wince while I sip. It reminds me of other bold black teas I have (Laoshan Black, Golden Monkey) but there is a something that makes it different. I like it, but I can probably live without it once it’s gone. Very nice offering though and won’t be a struggle to drink it down.

Bonnie

My buddies and I always think of french fries and chocolate shakes with this tea.

Comments

Bonnie

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada