drank Currant Affair by DAVIDsTEA

Wow. I LOVE black currant flavoured things and have asked Davids off and on for over a year to make a good black currant tea. When cocoberry came out I was excited and then horrendously disappointed. When I contacted customer service to share my belief that cocoberry was an abomination they consoled me with the promise of currant affair. With that in mind, I bought a 50 gram bag on faith that a tea with so few ingredients couldn’t possibly go wrong.

For once, I was very right. I steeped this 5 minutes with a hefty amount of leaf and while hot this was a beautiful currant tea with just the right level of sweetness. Unfortunately it become overwhelmingly sweet as the cup cooled BUT I think that was a factor of over-leaf and over-time. This is one that doesn’t need a lot of time or leaf to become a really powerful brew. Others may like the cooler cup best but as someone who doesn’t sweeten her teas, it is a bit much.

In general though, I love this. I am already considering getting more to have an at home and at work stash. I did have a few coworkers complaining of a weird smell though so I might have to take the work stash home. :( Two thumbs up for a currant tea done right!

MissLena

I want to get some of this! It sounds very good :)

Aimee Popovacki

its so good!… they haven’t wowed me with a tea in quite some time… i’ve liked some of their new ones, but haven’t loved anything enough to buy more than like 25g of it… this one is great :) .. i never got to try cocoberry because it has mango in it, but i haven’t heard anything good about it!

OMGsrsly

Good to know! I love black currant as well. Those British black currant licorice candies = love.

Comments

MissLena

I want to get some of this! It sounds very good :)

Aimee Popovacki

OMGsrsly

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada